Is Masvidal a contender at WW because he beat Till??

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Having a win over a guy that just fought for the title 2 title fights ago, does that make Masvidal a contender at welterweight?

Personally I think Till was gifted that title shot and was not worthy at all, but having Masvidal knock him out where does that leave Masvidal? One more fight and if he gets a win, then he will be considered for a shot?

It’s so strange to see Jorge in this situation. He is not elite at all, and really just a jobber, not even gate keeper status to be honest...

Masvidal will lose his next fight, probably by SD, as always... No matter who is fighting.

He is inconsistent as fck.

Having a win over a guy that just fought for the title 2 title fights ago, does that make Masvidal a contender at welterweight?

Personally I think Till was gifted that title shot and was not worthy at all, but having Masvidal knock him out where does that leave Masvidal? One more fight and if he gets a win, then he will be considered for a shot?

It’s so strange to see Jorge in this situation. He is not elite at all, and really just a jobber, not even gate keeper status to be honest...

If he beats Askren he will and should get the next title shot.

Last edited:
If he wins his next fight he'll be on a 2 fight win streak.

A brutal KO in a main event against the number 3 in the world... yeah i would say he is a contender

I think it has something to do with a three piece and a soda

Masvidal will lose his next fight, probably by SD, as always... No matter who is fighting.

He is inconsistent as fck.
Lmao. Totally agree.

If he wins his next fight he'll be on a 2 fight win streak.
Also. Coming fresh off a two fight losing streak to Maia and wondercan.

A brutal KO in a main event against the number 3 in the world... yeah i would say he is a contender
Yeah, I mean always beating someone that challenged for the title recently sky rockets you into near number 1 contender.

I was just wondering the general consensus on here.

But did Till deserve to be ranked #3 or was he gifted that ranking for marketing reasons?

Till's whole hype train is based off him surprising a very undersized Cerrone.

No, he’s a contender because of the invisible power that blesses certain fighters and certain situations...Derailing Till was part of it because of the bullshit hype train he was on....The three piece was a part of it....The new hair....it all played a part..Does he really deserve it, I don’t know..

But did Till deserve to be ranked #3 or was he gifted that ranking for marketing reasons?
Well that’s what I’m saying. He had an underserved shot and a win over till should not put Masvidal who is 1-2 at ww into contention. But knowing the ufc it does and I bet if he wins his next fight he will be next in line, which is strange to see.

Till was ranked 1st after beating wonderboy who was 1st at the time. Then he was knocked back to 3rd after the woodley loss.. somewhat justified given those events however i have never rated till and dont think he will never sniff a title. Called this before wonderboy fight

Well that’s what I’m saying. He had an underserved shot and a win over till should not put Masvidal who is 1-2 at ww into contention. But knowing the ufc it does and I bet if he wins his next fight he will be next in line, which is strange to see.
His backstage antics SHOULD have gotten him in trouble but he said something charming and funny so the UFC is going to capitalize on it and push him.

If Masvidal values his current hot status/title aspirations at all he will "hurt his knee" right before the Askren fight.

If he takes that fight....well he wont be losing by decision for once.

Yes he is. I love that guy.

giphy.gif

His backstage antics SHOULD have gotten him in trouble but he said something charming and funny so the UFC is going to capitalize on it and push him.
Gotta do that self promotion.

Part of the bizz I guess...

Back