Is Mark Hunt the best fighter with the worst record ever?

• Thread starter SouthoftheAndes
  • Start date
S

SouthoftheAndes

Kevin Randleman is a close 2nd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hunt

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668

He is always like 1 more win than losses. Basically always riding near a .500 record. He can't seem to go more than 2 wins above his losses.

What do you think Hunt will finish his career at?

If the Lesnar loss is overturned to a no-contest (which is likely). Then Hunt will go back to being 12 wins, and 10 losses. New record would be 12-10-1-(1).... Hunt should go to Bellator after UFC fights are over.

12 wins, 10 losses, 1-draw, and 1 (no-contest).

Last edited by a moderator:
Datsik and Crazy Horse.
Always fun.

He is who we thought he was!

BJ Penn at 16-10 and Frank Mir at 18-11 are both good candidates as well. Usually what happens when you fight a murderers row of opponents.

Randy and BJ are up there.

But they both have several wins above .500. Hunt is always riding at like 1 or 2 more win.

BJ Penn at 16-10 and Frank Mir at 18-11 are both good candidates as well. Usually what happens when you fight a murderers row of opponents.

But Hunt is 12-11-1!!!!

1 WIN!!! Above .500

No. All he can do is punch hard. Having watched him fight many times over the years, I fail to see what qualifies him as a "good fighter" outside his punching power. I get that he comes across as a nice guy, but he pretty much just filled the shoes of Tank Abbot and Cabbage.

He's a one trick pony, he has KO power and that's literally it.

He's p4p top 10 biggest whiner tho

No. All he can do is punch hard. Having watched him fight many times over the years, I fail to see what qualifies him as a "good fighter" outside his punching power. I get that he comes across as a nice guy, but he pretty much just filled the shoes of Tank Abbot and Cabbage.
It's weird to me how you can get so into a sport that you stay on a message board for years, and still not know what the fuck you are actually watching

I thought matt brown when he was in the title conversation while back

Randy Couture with 19-11 as well. Randy Couture > Frank Mir! How the f is it possible they never fought?

Lawler's record isn't too pretty until 2013. He's better than Hunt ever was.

I remember back in the days "Tank" Abbot was considered a top HW contender. Not sure what his record was like back in the days

Id have to go with my guy Couture being top dog in that category, but Hunt is definitely up there

Back