News Is Loopy Badass?

It is interesting to see, and it seems to be part of a trend of some fighters trying to compete more and more frequently. Guys like Cerrone, Huerta, and Nate Diaz became fan favorites partly because of how active they were. Then, guys like Chimaev come and get cult followings for fighting even more frequently. Maybe Loopy is trying to do the same? It's hard nowadays for fighters to stand out with fans, so fighting once a week might be a viable way to do it.

From personal experience, fighting twice in 7 days is a weird feeling. I once fought two Muay Thai fights in 7 days, and the moment I entered the ring for the second time I realised I had none of the adrenaline I normally had for my fights. I guess you can only charge up once in such a short time.
Respect. After my Muay Thai fight I wouldn't have been able to fight for at least a month lol I couldn't walk for a week from kicking shins and elbows. Shin hematoma flared up for months afterwards.

From personal experience, fighting twice in 7 days is a weird feeling. I once fought two Muay Thai fights in 7 days, and the moment I entered the ring for the second time I realised I had none of the adrenaline I normally had for my fights. I guess you can only charge up once in such a short time.
I’ve fought twice in a week (mma) and I’ve also fought twice in a day (ammy kickboxing) Both my performances were better the second time around. Although the twice in a day one I paced myself in my first fight.
Muay thai might be different because of the body damage though

Thanks. I remember he through up a sick sub and shocked most watching.
Yeah, that sub was crazy. Last minute of the fight. Nobody though Leben would submit Akiyama. He had an underrated ground game.

I remember Chris Leben fought twice in like 15 days or something and won both, maybe it’s just different depending on the fighter?

Sakuraba fights Royce Gracie for 90 minutes, then steps in the ring with Vovchanchyn.

Godinez wins a 4 minute fight where she takes no damage and was officially hit 3 times.

"Is this badassery?"

Royce isn’t really a damage inflicting guy unless he catches you in a sub, Saku’s cardio was off the charts though especially when you consider he was a smoker.

Respect. After my Muay Thai fight I wouldn't have been able to fight for at least a month lol I couldn't walk for a week from kicking shins and elbows. Shin hematoma flared up for months afterwards.

I guess it depends on the fight. A quick first round finish might be a bit deflating for some people who want to feel like they were in a fight.

I won both fights. The second one I won because I was a better fighter, but I don't think I would've been able to deliver with the same intensity in the second fight if needed.
I haven't fought and def won't but when I use to spar I noticed I was less technical more hyped up but felt less pain

Let's not get too excited.
The early UFC's saw guys fighting three times in a single night, with no weight classes.
Check the brackets for UFC1:

Screenshot_20211016-193652.png

Badass but small, if she manages to beat Carolina - who is underrated - it'll be a real achievement.

you don't have true warior spirit like me

Back