Is Lombard the hardest hitting welterweight?

Conduit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Comparing the Lombard KO of Marquardt to Berger's, who hits harder?

Also don't forget to add Hendricks and Lawler into the equation.

i think it's between Lawler and Lombard ,Lombard packs serious power at WW .Fight night i think he was looking as big as in Middleweight.

and i'm sure Lombard wouldn't freeze with Rory like Burger did...

HE should also mix his striking with takedowns.

Can't tell if Lombard packs power at WW when he's fighting a guy with a Goulet style chin. Give him someone who can withstand a strong breeze and we'll see what kind of power he has.

agreed ,give him Shields and if he cracks Shields chin .

we will know for sure

Can't tell if Lombard packs power at WW when he's fighting a guy with a Goulet style chin. Give him someone who can withstand a strong breeze and we'll see what kind of power he has.

Now getting knocked out by Lombard and Ellenberger is a sign of a "goulet style chin"? People like you make me lose hope in humanity.

Damn people rip on Marquardts chin after this? He has only been finished by Lombard, Berger, and A.Silva. He has a great chin.

OT-yes lombard is the hardest hitting.

Goulet style chin? People are so stupid.

Damn people rip on Marquardts chin after this? He has only been finished by Lombard, Berger, and A.Silva. He has a great chin.

OT-yes lombard is the hardest hitting.

people are just watching his last fight and think his chin is bad.

I think Lombard hits harder than Ellenberger. But I think that Hendricks hits harder than Lombard.

However, I think that Ellenberger would knock out both. Much more naturally skilled fighter.

Would be a decent fight. Seeing Lombard being grapple f'ed by a skinny Nerd would be awesome.
People act as if Lombard wasn't a former Olympic Judoka. He barely grapples in his fights, but I'm sure he'd more than hold his own against Shields in the grappling aspect and would probably knock out Shields.

It's hard to say who's the harder hitting welterweight, but Lombard's got some work to do if he wants to be compared with Hendricks left hand in that aspect.

People act as if Lombard wasn't a former Olympic Judoka. He barely grapples in his fights, but I'm sure he'd more than hold his own against Shields in the grappling aspect and would probably knock out Shields.

It's hard to say who's the harder hitting welterweight, but Lombard's got some work to do if he wants to be compared with Hendricks left hand in that aspect.

To be fair Shields survived and went on to win against Dan Henderson, so he probably more than capable of doing the same with Lombard

Hector Lombard is a scary man. I think he IS the hardest hitting WW, or at least in the top 3 easily. I wonder if he's been able to up his cardio since his UFC debut though. If he can get his cardio to last 3 rounds,.. that's just scary. I doubt he's gonna get wrestle-fucked either because of his Judo-background.

The muscles blind all of you guys. Lombard is a Bellator level fighter. B to C class at best. He'll never crack the Top Ten at WW & will never challenge for a UFC title. Amazing to me that a guy flashes some ripped body and everyone gets a boner for him.

Mod's please ban this joker.

Hendricks and ellenberger hit hardest in my opinion. Lombard is the real deal though, lost a bullshit decision against boetsch in a snoozer, Okami beat him the first 2 rounds but hector nearly killed him in the 3rd, definitely a contender at welterweight. Not sure who he fights next, if he uses his grappling he can cause anyone in the division problems. His stand up is brutal when pulls the trigger, people were quick to write him off in the ufc but he only lost by points and was never in any trouble in those bouts. I'd love to see carlos dethrone GSP but hector could be the man.

Hendricks
Lawler
Daley
Ellenberger

Back