Is Leonardo DiCaprio's acting skills overrated?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Is Leonardo DiCaprio's acting skills overrated?

People usually say this. While others say he's one of the bests.
What's special about Leo?

The last scene of The Aviator shows what he can do.

Funny, I think the same thing.

But I think it may have something to do with his boyish look.

He doesn’t really seem to have much range and physically remains the same while other great actors such as De Niro, DDL, Cage are able to change their physiques completely to suit a role.

Good actor, but pushing it at calling him a great.

But what do I know?

He doesn’t really seem to have much range and physically remains the same while other great actors such as De Niro, DDL, Cage are able to change their physiques completely to suit a role.

But what do I know?
100% agree with not changing his looks

Even with his upcoming film in 2019, he still looks the same in every movie lol

He is good. But he is no Gene Hackman, by any means. Catch my drift?

I just saw the aviator I can't believe someone could make a film that boring about an interesting guy like howard hughes

I just saw the aviator I can't believe someone could make a film that boring about an interesting guy like howard hughes

Probably his best movie and performance, and Dicaprio nailed it.

Dicaprio is easily one of the best actors alive

But what do I know?

Did you seriously just say Cage is a better actor than dicaprio? What universe am I in?

Did you seriously just say Cage is a better actor than dicaprio? What universe am I in?

For action, I am taking The Rock, Face Off, and Con Air over Blood Diamond any day.

For Drama, I am taking The Wicker Man over Titanic, 9/10 times.

For comedic hybrid, I am taking Kick-ass over Wolf Of Wallstreet, and it isn't even close.

And you better believe I am taking Raising Arizona over Gilbert fucking Grape

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

For action, I am taking The Rock, Face Off, and Con Air over Blood Diamond any day.

For Drama, I am taking The Wicker Man over Titanic, 9/10 times.

For comedic hybrid, I am taking Kick-ass over Wolf Of Wallstreet, and it isn't even close.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ugh. Being in good movies and being a good actor are different things. Cage is barely average compared to dicaprio

Ugh. Being in good movies and being a good actor are different things. Cage is barely average compared to dicaprio

lmao, just go watch Blood Diamond, and try and tell me Leo is a good actor with the accent. "t-i-a, yea?, TIA, YEA???? YEA??? THIS IS AFRICA, YEAAAA?"

lmao, just go watch Blood Diamond, and try and tell me Leo is a good actor with the accent. "t-i-a, yea?, TIA, YEA???? YEA??? THIS IS AFRICA, YEAAAA?"

Do you know how many god awful z rate straight to dvd movies cage has been in?

I think he's an excellent actor but he's acting like a guy who is only a pretty good actor, casual theater fans can't pick up on the context.

Do you know how many god awful z rate straight to dvd movies cage has been in?

Just like being in good movies doesn't mean good acting , being in bad movies does not mean bad acting. Just means he is bankrupt, and needs some cheddar.

Just like being in good movies doesn't mean good acting , being in bad movies does not mean bad acting. Just means he is bankrupt, and needs some cheddar.

Sure but hes not even close to dicaprio in terms of acting ability. Putting him in thst conversation is actually insulting

The funny thing is his best acting was in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. When he was only 20 years old.

Sure but hes not even close to dicaprio in terms of acting ability. Putting him in thst conversation is actually insulting

lol, insulting? Considering out of the few people who responded to this thread, the majority went with overrated, it isn't that shabby of a convo to have. I hope it didn't insult you to much. TIS, THIS IS SHERDOG, YEA

Back