Is Leon Edwards the new Jon Fitch?

I do too. But I rate Fitch higher cuz he had a 22-1 streak going at one point as the best WW after GSP. Leon is good, consistent, but there are guys ahead of him.

A bigger point in that is that the WW contenders for some part don't face each other. Of course there was the AKA situation going on, but these aren't teammates. They choose to wait for a big fight without fighting at all. That's also my gripe with Leon. Beating Nate Diaz at WW in current times doesn't mean a lot. And getting hurt late as well.

Fitch was 19-2-1 going into his fight with GSP. Not sure where 22-1 came from? He also only had 1 top 10 win at that time, and only has 3 top 10s throughout his career. He's extremely overrated around here, and achieved a very favorable ranking (that held for a long time) with minimal accomplishments. Kind of sheds light on the whole "WW was so stacked" narrative a lot of the GSP fans push. Shit was pretty weak for him to be #2 for so long with only 3 top 10 wins in 30+ fights.

Leon fights not to lose
Fitch fights to win

That's the difference

I do too. But I rate Fitch higher cuz he had a 22-1 streak going at one point as the best WW after GSP. Leon is good, consistent, but there are guys ahead of him.

A bigger point in that is that the WW contenders for some part don't face each other. Of course there was the AKA situation going on, but these aren't teammates. They choose to wait for a big fight without fighting at all. That's also my gripe with Leon. Beating Nate Diaz at WW in current times doesn't mean a lot. And getting hurt late as well.

Yeah, let's see where Leon goes from here, he stil has room for growth and build his legacy.
That 22-1 streak you mention should be 21-2, not an opinion, and I dont rate his competition in the leading up to the GSP fight as better than Leon's at the moment.

Fitch's 6-1-1 run after losing the tittle shot was pretty legit. Even his post-UFC run was although tainted by PEDs

Reactions: MCS
Take away the trash talk and hype and I can’t see how you find someone like Chael Sonnen exciting and Fitch boring.

While I some what agree with you, I'll forever remember his 8sec ko debut n forever use that as an argument however... alot of decisions lately so I wont go there. Leon VS Luque vs winner of colby/Usman plz .

Although I would love to see Leon get Masvidal honestly
me too

Fitch is on that low level wet blanket tier, along with the likes of the original wet blanket, kflo. The only reason to watch these scrubs fight is so you can actually fall asleep without taking some damn drugs.
Kflo finished fights at 155 bro.

No.

Jon Fitch is a hall of famer. Leon Edwards just deserves a title shot.

Somebody is always the new somebody else if you look at it in a nutshell and ignore everything else.

Only weird loser white guys like asian women

Story checks out…

original.jpg

Jon Fitch was a beast who would out-grind you with heart alone. He couldn't get anyone to fight him and took on all last minute replacements.

Leon Edwards is an inactive point fighter who begs for fights he hasn't earned. He doesn't seem to care about fighting outside of Europe.
You’re just telling lies

Fitch was worse. But..

He was given alot of opponents that couldnt stop the TD,and he'd do the bare minimum to stop the fight from being stood up.

For a while he was one of the most boring fighters to watch tbh.

If you gave Fitch a tough opponent that forced him to fight,you could get good stuff out of him. Erick Silva fight was actually alot of fun.
That was Broke Fitch the mythical beast (in the Erick Silva fight). Also inb4 "Erick Silva is just a kid" jokes

Back