Is Leon Edwards headkick KO of Usman the cleanest 1 shot that ended a champ’s reign?

I gotta go with Stipe koing Werdum, it was a perfectly placed one punch ko while moving backwards

It doesn't qualify, there were follow up shots. Leon over Usman is literally the only true 1 shot walk-off KO.

Stipe over Werdum and Conor over Aldo are the next closest. Both had follow up. I just looked at all the champ threads and Leon wins.

Last edited:
The crowd were all excited thinking that Werdum had hurt Stipe and that Stipe was retreating. Then the place went silent like a funeral. Jan running full speed with his arms swinging versus Santos was similar. As was Ngannou versus Rozenstruik but Ngannou actually connected there. Zhang versus Andrade had a similar running flurry as well. So that not uncommon but seems like a high risk move.

Jan I didn't mind so much cause he throws that combination and it lands well most of the time. But he just threw is far out of range and lunged in.

Conor's 1 shot Ko and Holms are right there with Edwards, they both just followed up aggressively but it was not needed.

I sorta see a walk off as 1 guy still out cold and the other just walking away raising his hand. Conor followed up with some gnp and then the ref got in a knee. Didnt look as cool/clean as a headkick like leon was kicking a pad.
It took Leon 5 fucking rounds to land a lucky kick. Aldo was dead with or without Big John's shin. 9 seconds goddammit, what are you looking for?

Back