Is Leon Edwards headkick KO of Usman the cleanest 1 shot that ended a champ’s reign?

Lol, some folks are really missing the premise of this thread.
What is the premise?

Literally the first sentence in the OP is: "Has there ever been a cleaner 1 shot walk off KO of a champion?"

Then the OP proceeds with 3 examples, 2 of them were not walk off KO's.

As far as clean KO's to dethrone the champ i've seen excellent examples so far in this thread. So what's the premise?

What is the premise?

Literally the first sentence in the OP is: "Has there ever been a cleaner 1 shot walk off KO of a champion?"

Then the OP proceeds with 3 examples, 2 of them were not walk off KO's.

As far as clean KO's to dethrone the champ i've seen excellent examples so far in this thread. So what's the premise?

It at least has to be a title fight or where the champion loses.

Some posts were deleted.

Conor vs Jose

Big John landed the cleanest one that night

DrDyHI2.gif

To this day it still boggles my mind how Werdum ran at him. What kind of striking technique is this??
The crowd were all excited thinking that Werdum had hurt Stipe and that Stipe was retreating. Then the place went silent like a funeral. Jan running full speed with his arms swinging versus Santos was similar. As was Ngannou versus Rozenstruik but Ngannou actually connected there. Zhang versus Andrade had a similar running flurry as well. So that not uncommon but seems like a high risk move.

Has there ever been a cleaner 1 shot walk off KO of a champion?

a few that come to mind

Francis vs stipe
Stipe vs werdum
Conor vs aldo
How's about that Conor McGregor fella over Jose Aldo?

Rampage ko Chuck

Hendo ko Wandy

Forgot i though he won title against Chuck

No sherbros, it was page vs Chuck 2 :(

Let's not forget:

silva-weidman.gif

Woodley/Lawler.

Would have looked cleaner without the unnecessary follow up strikes.

I see what you are trying to do here but I think you answered your own question with the "Conor vs Aldo", I mean it was just One Clean Punch... not sure there is a "cleaner victory" than that out there in a title fight.

I see what you are trying to do here but I think you answered your own question with the "Conor vs Aldo", I mean it was just One Clean Punch... not sure there is a "cleaner victory" than that out there in a title fight.
I sorta see a walk off as 1 guy still out cold and the other just walking away raising his hand. Conor followed up with some gnp and then the ref got in a knee. Didnt look as cool/clean as a headkick like leon was kicking a pad.

To this day it still boggles my mind how Werdum ran at him. What kind of striking technique is this??
He got too much cock. But really, I think his head got big after running through Cain. He thought he was unbeatable on the feet.
ayzVyy.gif

Reactions: JKS
It's definitely up there, if not #1. There really isn't many 1 shot walk-off KOs by the challenger. I'll have to do some digging.

I gotta go with Stipe koing Werdum, it was a perfectly placed one punch ko while moving backwards

Back