Is Lawler still a top fighter?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
He hangs around the top in the rankings, but personally the last fight I thought he won was Rory in 2015. I thought he had a draw with cowboy at best, and I thought condit beat him.

Do you think he's still a top guy? I think he'll continue to lose against any ranked guys he fights.

Still dangerous as hell, could knock out anyone on any given night

Yes, I think he looked far better in terms of physical condition against Askren than he has since before Condit.

I don't think it lasts much longer though which has me frustrated he's not fighting someone like Ponz or Edwards then looking for a Woodley rematch since he's not healthy right now and Askren is fighting Masvidal.

Lawler reminds me of Cerrone in that I've never been able to get over their Death By Diaz.
When I think Cerrone, I think of his meek acceptance of Nate's domination and with Robbie, all I see is his psycho rage face followed by his sleeping face. It's probably not fair to either fighter, but that's how my brain works.

Any ranked guy?

I think he'd put a beating on Magny personally. He's a pretty bad matchup for Pettis too. I'd give him a decent chance against Till as well

He's certainly declined but I think there are guys he can beat still

Doubtful. But in 2011 no one would have predicted his success of 2014-2016. It's all house money at this point.

depends what your definition of " top fighter " is.

is he still a top 10 fighter? yes.
do i think he'll ever crack the top 3 or get the belt back again? nah.

He's top 5 in the world, across any weight class, any organization. In my opinion.

Yes, he is still a top fighter.

He hangs around the top in the rankings, but personally the last fight I thought he won was Rory in 2015. I thought he had a draw with cowboy at best, and I thought condit beat him.

Do you think he's still a top guy? I think he'll continue to lose against any ranked guys he fights.
Yes. You can only count the fighters that still fight as the top fighters so who else can you consider?

Robbie is a top fighter.

Any ranked guy?

I think he'd put a beating on Magny personally. He's a pretty bad matchup for Pettis too. I'd give him a decent chance against Till as well

He's certainly declined but I think there are guys he can beat still

Sorry, for me, ranked is still top 10 guys. I haven't updated with the UFC lol. He probably knocks magny's head off, but I think he loses to guys like Edwards, elizeu, Ponzi, Luques......etc etc

depends what your definition of " top fighter " is.

is he still a top 10 fighter? yes.
do i think he'll ever crack the top 3 or get the belt back again? nah.

I don't see him beating anyone in the top ten right now to be honest. I guess we'll see, though. I hope he accepts the fight with Edwards or Ponzi.

I mean he just nearly killed Ben Askren so I would say so

He's in top 10 and there's hundreds of welterweights in entire world, I guess he is.

He looked pretty competitive vs Askren, And very few guys do that.

Can still win any fight but… it would be understandable if he doesn’t have another Rory MacDonald fight in him any more

Back