Is Khazmat the most overrated fighter of all time?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
He's literally only 9-0 and of his 3 no-name wins he has in the UFC, one of the guys doesn't even have a wikipedia

I am not denying that he isn't good or doesn't have potential

But he seems to be unjustifiably more overrated than anyone I seen in recent history. This is worse than the Johnny Walker hype train

We haven't seen him tested, we don't know his gas tank a minute past round 2, etc

It depends on where you rate him. I rate him as a highly talented prospect that seems to have a ton of potential but hasn’t fought a ranked opponent yet, so we don’t really know.

I think he has all the potential and talent to back up the hype.. but until he does… yes, absolutely!

giphy.gif

You're saying that like he lost embarrassingly or something, the guy suffered COVID complications, how is that a 'fall from grace'?
What the actual fuck are you talking about, did you follow the conversation at all? I think you are just chiming in with no context.

His fall from grace was well before covid was even a thing.

So far yes, let's at least see him beat someone in oh I dunno the top 25 before straddling the dick wagon

He's literally only 9-0 and of his 3 no-name wins he has in the UFC, one of the guys doesn't even have a wikipedia

I am not denying that he isn't good or doesn't have potential

But he seems to be unjustifiably more overrated than anyone I seen in recent history. This is worse than the Johnny Walker hype train

We haven't seen him tested, we don't know his gas tank a minute past round 2, etc

We don't know if he is overrated simply because he only has 3 fights in the UFC. His quick finish of Meerschaert was pretty impressive and wouldn't say he's a no name. His next fight with Li is a much stiffer test as far as opponents are concerned.

If he gets past Li...

170 - Have him fight Thompson, RDA or Edwards...doubt Edwards accepts but these 3 don't have a fight booked.
185 - Winner of Till/Brunson or Strickland. Give him a good test.

He definitely has that vibe of being something good and he can go between 170 and 185 if needed or if the right fight presents itself.

Sage enters the chat

Khamzat is more overrated than Sage Northcutt imo. Sage was a pretty boy with ripply muscles and cool flips. But I don't think many people saw him going very far. He showed up during the worst of the favoritism being shown to Rousey and McGregor and got lumped in with them. There was more clarity that guys like Cody Pfister were cans than there is about the guys Khamzat beat being cans.

I hope Khamzat reaches his potential an turns out to be an elite fighter. But right now the hype vs accomplishment ratio is pretty whack.

I hope he's that good. Can't wait to see our new ratlip champ champ.

Because he was a jacked white boy, all the knob riders were hailing him as the next champ after he crushed 1 or 2 cans.

An the media fucking ate it up. He had a shocking fall from grace.

He wasn't just jacked. He was abnormally (like PED abnormally) jacked. And he had a cool style. And he had a dragon ball Z look to him. It's too bad he didn't pan out because he would have been exciting/fun to watch and wouldn't be calling his opponents wife names.

Just explain what you mean. I'm trying to make sense of it
Dana an the hype machine were pumping this guy up based on his looks. They gave him cans to crush which sent sherdog into fucking meltdown for weeks about how he will be the world beater.

they toss him another can barberena, who exposes him, hype machine rolls on saying fluke still young etc etc. same thing happens again with Gall people start to wise up, Dana stops riding his sack and everyone basically turns on him. This is his fall from grace.

He went from Dana golden boy sherdog ultimate champ to dropped and fighting in bush leagues.

Back