Is Khamzat the nightmare matchup for the MW Goats?

BrockLesnarsTurtleBack

Professional Expert
@purple
Reaction score
Andersson Silva and Israel Adesanya. Honestly their games work horribly against Hamzat. Do you see Hamzat just pummeling either one in their primes?

200.gif

Hard to say right now. The Burns fight is going to answer a lot of those questions. It seems cliche to say “this is his first real test” but in this case this is very true. If Khamzat can actually run through Burns like he has everyone else it will be a massive statement and confirm all the hype.

The guy KO'd a C level gatekeeper who just stood open for him against the fence and submitted a WW striker with zero grappling whom he was absolutely overweight for, and now he's Izzy's and Silva's nightmare matchup?

Why the hell am I still on this God-forsaken website?

He kills Izzy but Silva would be much a much tougher test.

I think Khamzat will be champ at 170 eventually, even if he loses his next fight. IMO I could see him beating pretty much everyone in that division from the potential he's shown there.
That being said, 185 is a different story and I don't see him being that dominant there.

Khamzat's KO over GM3 was super impressive, but again it didn't tell us much on how he'll compete there and is a good thing since this unknown factor is brings a lot of hype.
Unless Khamzat's gets some favorable matchups, I don't see how he replicates the same level of dominance at 185 that he has at 170 so far.
We still don't enough on how he'll matchup against Izzy and right now i'd pick Izzy to win that fight, same with a prime Silva.

This is still all speculation since he still has to get through Gilbert, which I think he will.
Let's see if he's able to get the welterweight strap first before the middleweights talks.

The guy KO'd a C level gatekeeper who just stood open for him against the fence and submitted a WW striker with zero grappling whom he was absolutely overweight for, and now he's Izzy's and Silva's nightmare matchup?

Yeah, I think this clown was one of those guys that swore that Borz could never make weight with a legit AC. And as I said in the other thread. Now he’s moved on to just downgrading his accomplishments so far, and praying that he loses.

Man up, and admit you were wrong.

What has happened to this site, indeed. Take a hike.

He is though.

So leave?

If he beats Burns, you will say he can just outstrike a blown up LW.
If he beats Usman, you will say he can only take out worn champs out of their prime.
If he defends you'll criticize the division for not being good.
If he moves up you'll do the same.

You have to let Khamzat's career play out and see what he does first. I'm a huge fan of Izzy and Silva, but clearly a wrestler would be their weakness.

Yeah, I think this clown was one of those guys that swore that Borz could never make weight with a legit AC. And as I said in the other thread. Now he’s moved on to just downgrading his accomplishments so far, and praying that he loses.

You have almost 11,000 messages on here in your less than two year tenure on this site. You aren’t exactly one to give the litmus test towards the degradation of a forum you haven’t been on for very long in the grand scheme of things.

Also as to TS no obviously the answer to your troll bait question is no he is not.

Admit I was wrong about what? That he didn't make weight in Abu Dhabi or that his accomplishments bear no indication that he'd be a "nightmare" for Silva or Izzy?

If I ever suggested he couldn't make 170 in general, then I'll admit I was wrong about that, but he's clearly cut down a lot from what he was before. There's no fucking way he made it for the Jingliang fight. The guy's considerably slimmer now, and you know, he didn't hold the towel or have multi-pound weight fluctuations on the scale. And yes, being that big in Abu Dhabi takes something away from his overall performance.

Btw, I'm not saying he's not a legitimate contender at WW at least, but that's pretty fucking far from what OP suggested. Maybe instead of fawning over Khamzat to the point where you're holding Sherdog grudges against anyone who questions him, you should wait for him to, you know, actually fight and begin knocking off contenders at MW before declaring him a potential 185lb GOAT.

If he beats Burns, you will say he can just outstrike a blown up LW.
If he beats Usman, you will say he can only take out worn champs out of their prime.
If he defends you'll criticize the division for not being good.
If he moves up you'll do the same.

You have to let Khamzat's career play out and see what he does first. I'm a huge fan of Izzy and Silva, but clearly a wrestler would be their weakness.
If he beats Burns, I'll say that he has a legit shot of taking the belt off Usman, although Usman's good enough to where I won't preemptively declare that fight a wash.

If he beats Usman, then I'll absolutely give him credit.

WW is the 3rd best men's division rn. Definitely won't poo poo getting that strap.

Based on what? Murdering entry level UFC fighters?

If he beats Burns, I'll say that he has a legit shot of taking the belt off Usman, although Usman's good enough to where I won't preemptively declare that fight a wash.

If he beats Usman, then I'll absolutely give him credit.

WW is the 3rd best men's division rn. Definitely won't poo poo getting that strap.
I'm just saying he had a grappling match with Hermasson at MW and looked completely dominant. If he takes the WW strap, people will be talking about Khamzat vs Izzy rather than Khamzat defending his WW belt.

An elite strong grappler could cause Adesanya a lot of grief (in my opinion). Israel has shown skill at getting back to his feet, but in my opinion hasn't fought one yet.

Personally, I think a prime-Silva was pretty dangerous off of his back and comfortable being there. Khamzat would, and should, be an underdog.

Back