Is Khabib's Legacy Tainted (slightly) Without The Tony Fight?

Andy 93

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I can't help but feel something is missing without that win.

I'd probably predict Khabib to win if it ever happens but the fact it never happened and we won't know for sure leaves a question mark for me.

It will look even worse for Khabib if Tony goes on a win streak and claims gold in my opinion.

I'd probably predict Khabib to win if it ever happens but the fact it never happened and we won't know for sure leaves a question mark for me.

It will look even worse for Khabib if Tony goes on a win streak and claims gold in my opinion.
lmao, watch prime tony vs castillo, no question mark after that ...

Plus tony got almost killed by justin.

If he faced prime Tony, yes, that would help his resume a lot. Not facing the Tony that lost to Gaethje

Tonsky quit by shaking his perforated head from Gaetje's strikes. Khabib stop considering Tony as challenge. I doubt we will see Tony vs Khabib. Tony is a hasbeen. it's true.

khabib left a big shit stain on that bus
and that is tainting his legacy

If Tony had beat Justin then yeah, but a win over Tony isn't a prestigious as it previously was.
If Khabib is the greatest lightweight of all time, Tony is the 2nd best lightweight of all time.

I'd still say it's prestigious to have a win over him.

Not in the slightest imo. Is it very unfortunate for both fighters and the fans that we never saw it? absolutely. But Khabib didn't need that fight and his legacy isn't affected by it.

I used to think it was a pickem fight but over the years seeing how insanely skilled and athletic Khabib is compared to every top guy, I think he always would have positionally dominated Tony, if not wrecked him/sub'd him. Like think about the Kevin Lee fight, the Danny Castillo fight. Khabib would have just been way too much.

If Khabib is the greatest lightweight of all time, Tony is the 2nd best lightweight of all time.

No way. Tony has a great resume but it doesn't compare to Khabib. Tony just doesn't have the elite wins to be in the convo for greatest LW of all time.

How can he be the 2nd best if he lost to gaethje. Do you know what 'best' means

Back