Is Khabib this generation's John Fitch?

Any time a fan base spends that much energy saying a fight shouldn't happen, it feels like they're scared.

Like how Conor fans don't want a third fight with Nate and keep shouting about the number of knockdowns and how they're more impressive than a brutal finish. Smells like fear to me.

Point taken, brother

Dude is entertaining. Eat shit.

zhat8j3.gif

ZybPe4Y.gif

tumblr_mgxfe2iEc61qaa8d1o1_500.gif

tSnU6Z5.gif

CleverSpeedyIndianringneckparakeet.gif

Ok, I gotta ask, whats with people going ape shit over this type of position control? Its mostly spectacle.

Both AKA guys but Khabib has 16 finishes in 24 fights and goes in there to kill guys.

Fitch:

Lay and pray style,
Lost several times in UFC,
Was given UFC title shot,
Finishing rate below 30% in UFC

Khabib:

Ground and pound style,
Undefeated in UFC,
Hasn't had UFC title shot,
Finishing rate at 50% in UFC
Both AKA guys but Khabib has 16 finishes in 24 fights and goes in there to kill guys.
Khabib fought the who's that before the UFC.

They have the same amount of finishes in their first 8 fights in the UFC. Since Nurmy only has 8 fights in the UFC and Fitch ran into GSP in his 9th fight. This seems more like a fair comparison.

So in his first 8 fights in the UFC, Fitch's finishing rate 50%.

They seemed to be pretty terrified to me.
Some were. But most legit felt Weidman didn't even deserve to be there, and was just a future victim.

Anderson fans were an extremely confident bunch, since he hadn't lost in ages. Fans of Fedor, GSP and Jones had similar levels of confidence - and delusion. They had the delusion their guy was unbeatable, and no one ever was unbeatable. No one ever will be.

A boring fighter that takes people down and lies on top of them and is Top 2?
Kind of a dumb thing to say after the way he just handled Johnson. You saw him slice right through that guard and pound the living hell out of him didn't you? I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not a moron and you just missed the fight.

Fitch ? This #1 bullishit comparison

Khabib destroys his opponents. Only conor fans hate on Khabib
I don't have a real dog in this fight, but it seems most Khabib "fans" are actually just Connor haters. Just being real... mostly cause on the surface he poses problems for Connor.

I figure the foreplay could be left out and people could just say "I want Connor to lose cause cocky alpha men bother me".

Khabib fought the who's that before the UFC.

They have the same amount of finishes in their first 8 fights in the UFC. Since Nurmy only has 8 fights in the UFC and Fitch ran into GSP in his 9th fight. This seems more like a fair comparison.

So in his first 8 fights in the UFC, Fitch's finishing rate 50%.
Good point actually.

How was Fitch perceived early? When did the "smoke break" perception begin? My first event was GSP-Fitch so I wasn't around for Fitch's rise.

Was Fitch viewed like Khabib is now early in Fitch's career, or more boring than Khabib?

Good point actually.

How was Fitch perceived early? When did the "smoke break" perception begin? My first event was GSP-Fitch so I wasn't around for Fitch's rise.

Was Fitch viewed like Khabib is now early in Fitch's career, or more boring than Khabib?
Nurmy seems to be more popular than Fitch. At least on Sherdog. In actuality, I have no idea.

Not even. Khabib takes you down and punishes you with GNP. He lays big shots down and swarms for a finish. Fitch lays on top of you and dry humps you then hits you with a few little potter patter shots so as not to be stood up.

I don't have a real dog in this fight, but it seems most Khabib "fans" are actually just Connor haters. Just being real... mostly cause on the surface he poses problems for Connor.

I figure the foreplay could be left out and people could just say "I want Connor to lose cause cocky alpha men bother me".
I really do like watching Khabib. I've always been a fan of top control grapplers, and Khabib is proven to be vicious in the way that Koscheck was.

2007 join date and you're really posting this? Ridiculous and insulting comparison.

Khabib is more like the Matt Lindland of this generation.

Ha kabib can finish fights and is much more better wrestler

didn´t khabib finish his last fight?

also, fitch was NEVER undefeated like the eagle, since he lost his 1st fight

Back