Is Khabib the best MMA grappler of all time?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I don't know about this one. I feel like his wrestling isn't as good as some people make him out to be, he struggled with Tibau and Healeys, and so on. I definitely feel like there have been a lot of better guys at taking people down like GSP, Jones, Weidman, yes that Weidman who takes EVERYONE down, and so on, compared to Khabib who hasn't really faced off against high level wrestlers other than maybe old Iranian guy, whose name escapes me at the moment.

He does have a very suffocating top game though.

I think Conor will take Khabib down and control him for all 5 rounds.

Doesn't need to be for the fight vs Conor.

Yes. He's 26-0, he never lost a round and all he did was wrestle... take down... ground and pound.

Askren is pretty good...

I think if he fights Kevin lee well be better able to answer that question. If he’s able to control and dominate as usual then thats certainly a mighty feather in the cap.

I don’t think he’s the “best” but he’s definitely up there in terms of skill.

"Is Khabib the best MMA grappler of all time?"

"Is Conor the best MMA boxer of all time?"

Really?

Both threads at the same time?

<Huh2>

For those that say no, who is better?

Don't think so... But hard to deny the fact that he is undefeated and his style works. Hoping we will put this question to the test vs St Pierre....

He defintely has the most versatile grappling, nobody's game is airtight but he sure as shit is trying to get there.

He has so many different methods of grappling more so than his various takedown methods that it's hard to train for somebody with great judo, ju Jitsu, and folkstyle wrestling techniques that he chains together constantly changing.

I want to see him against Ortega, or here me out, Ryan Hall. A grappler to give him different looks than what he has been used to. Ferguson is at the top of that list though, I HAVE to see him vs Khabib and for it to hit the mat.

Schedule it 5 times 10 times 50 times I don't care. There's still a chance damn it.

Nyet. I'm with Badascan here. Askren would take down and hold Khabib there if they were to meat in a catchweight fight IMO.

Back