Is Khabib in Conor's head moreso than any other fighter in his entire career?

I think the opposite is true, you cant shake the man from Dagestan. Khabib's mental toughness is leaps and bounds above everyone else.

nah not one bit.

why did he confront artem if hes such an unshakeable fighter. conor is going get him seeing red.

Conor holds bitterness against

Floyd, for sonning him hard
Nate, for making him pussy out
Khabib, for taking Artem's virginity, getting him arrested and costing him millions in court

However, Floyd and Nate are post fight. Khabib is the only fighter that makes Conor bitter pre fight. If he loses this one he fails to defend Artem's virginity, fails to defend his own honor and it will be devastating.

On the flip side if Khabib gets KTFO in front of his father he would have failed his father and Islam, his father would probably disown him and he would be treated like an apostate by his countrymen.

Neither man can afford to lose.

I wonder if Conor is Irish Catholic, this could be the continuation of the crusades. Wonder which side will win.

that means nothing to conor though. whatever reputation dagestanis have goes over the heads of most the world.
That's true. Thing is, Dags don't really give a f*ck about what "most of the world" thinks. They just come and fight. They fuck ppl up. "Most of the world" doesn't notice until someone sees their favorite fighter KOd by a random Mamed, Ahmed or Khabib.

Look at some of these Dags...
Mamed Khalidov 34-5
Zabit Magomedsharipov 15-1
Ruslan Magomedov 14-1
Adlan Amagov 14-2
Aslambek Saidov 22-5
Adam Khaliev 6-0
Beslan Isaev 37-10
Mairbek Taisumov 26-5

These guys are monsters. Many are regional or national champs. Many have big names on their win list. And that's just a sample. Yet barely anyone here knows shit about them.

Hell, Zabit is probably the most entertaining guy of his division and he was LUCKY to be moved up from the deep prelims last time he fought, remember? Zabit vs Bochniak was FotN and now he's ranked #15, yet nobody gave a flying fuck about him before UFC 223. You think Zabit cared? No, he went in and mauled Bochniak for 3 rounds.

People are starting to notice Dags right now only because Khabib is the champ and he has more great fighters in his posse. But mark my words - in a couple years half of the MMA champs worldwide will be Dags. UFC included.

That's true. Thing is, Dags don't really give a f*ck about what "most of the world" thinks. They just come and fight. They fuck ppl up. "Most of the world" doesn't notice until someone sees their favorite fighter KOd by a random Mamed, Ahmed or Khabib.

Look at some of these Dags...
Mamed Khalidov 34-5
Zabit Magomedsharipov 15-1
Ruslan Magomedov 14-1
Adlan Amagov 14-2
Aslambek Saidov 22-5
Adam Khaliev 6-0
Beslan Isaev 37-10
Mairbek Taisumov 26-5

These guys are monsters. Many are regional or national champs. Many have big names on their win list. And that's just a sample. Yet barely anyone here knows shit about them.

Hell, Zabit is probably the most entertaining guy of his division and he was LUCKY to be moved up from the deep prelims last time he fought, remember? Zabit vs Bochniak was FotN and now he's ranked #15, yet nobody gave a flying fuck about him before UFC 223. You think Zabit cared? No, he went in and mauled Bochniak for 3 rounds.

People are starting to notice Dags right now only because Khabib is the champ and he has more great fighters in his posse. But mark my words - in a couple years half of the MMA champs worldwide will be Dags. UFC included.

are all those fighters actually dagestani, i think a few are chechens.

im well aware of all the fighters coming out of caucausus....khalidov is in semi retirement, magomed the heavyweight is a decisionator, no idea on khaliev and amagov has been awol. taisumov is a top contender though aswell as zabit.

too many of khabibs crew are decisionators. dont be surprised when we start seeing dagestanis taking some heavvvy losses.

im well aware of all the fighters coming out of caucausus....khalidov is in semi retirement, magomed the heavyweight is a decisionator, no idea on khaliev and amagov has been awol. taisumov is a top contender though aswell as zabit.

too many of khabibs crew are decisionators. dont be surprised when we start seeing dagestanis taking some heavvvy losses.
Dagestan, officially the Republic of Dagestan, is a federal subject of Russia, located in the North Caucasus region. There is no Dagestani ethnicity, just a region. Chechen on the other hand is an ethnicity, though there is of course the federal subject of Chechen Republic. I'm using Dag as a general geographical term, since there are many ethnic groups in Dagestan, Chechens as well. You get the drift.

Decisionators some of them may be, but dominant still they are. (I think I just went full Yoda)

Conor holds bitterness against

Floyd, for sonning him hard
Nate, for making him pussy out
Khabib, for taking Artem's virginity, getting him arrested and costing him millions in court

However, Floyd and Nate are post fight. Khabib is the only fighter that makes Conor bitter pre fight. If he loses this one he fails to defend Artem's virginity, fails to defend his own honor and it will be devastating.

On the flip side if Khabib gets KTFO in front of his father he would have failed his father and Islam, his father would probably disown him and he would be treated like an apostate by his countrymen.

Neither man can afford to lose.

THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE!

This was being said years ago about fighters from the south of Russia. Back then, Rustam Khabilov, Ali Bagautinov and Albert Tumenov were going to be the the next Khabib. But it was all based on Khabib and still is. Khabilov, Bagautinov and Tumenov faded but others have taken their place. They undoubtedly have good fighters coming from that part of Russia but Khabib it still clearly the best one by a long way. This isn't an army of Khabibs, he's the stand-out.

Khabib has NEVER fought anyone with the footwork movement speed accuracy striking power/technique of a conor mcgregor, NEVER in his life... yes Mcgregor has never fought as good as a wrestler as khabib , but thats only 1 aspect that surely mcgregor has been working on with high level guys for the past year ... khabib is fucked plain and simple

cant wait for u khabib fans to dissapear back into the dagestanian mountains out of whatever hole ya'll crawled out of

This was being said years ago about fighters from the south of Russia. Back then, Rustam Khabilov, Ali Bagautinov and Albert Tumenov were going to be the the next Khabib. But it was all based on Khabib and still is. Khabilov, Bagautinov and Tumenov faded but others have taken their place. They undoubtedly have good fighters coming from that part of Russia but Khabib it still clearly the best one by a long way. This isn't an army of Khabibs, he's the stand-out.
I see your point but I think that as MMA spreads and more Dags join, they are bound to overwhelm the sport at some point. Dagestan used to be famous for the wrestlers and Judoka, now it's shifting to MMA.

BTW out of those 3, Khabilov "faded" the least - he's still 22-3 on a 5 fight win streak. UFC just isn't promoting him because of the "boring" decision wins.

Dagestan, officially the Republic of Dagestan, is a federal subject of Russia, located in the North Caucasus region. There is no Dagestani ethnicity, just a region. Chechen on the other hand is an ethnicity, though there is of course the federal subject of Chechen Republic. I'm using Dag as a general geographical term, since there are many ethnic groups in Dagestan, Chechens as well. You get the drift.

Decisionators some of them may be, but dominant still they are. (I think I just went full Yoda)

i don't know, for guys who pretty much eat, sleep, and train fighting they're not that great.

Polynesians are by far a smaller minority and already have multiple champions and top fighters in multiple combat sports. if Dagestan was going to step up, they're taking an awfully long time to do so.

The hate for Conor comes down to his over the top fanbase. I'd be willing to bet even his biggest detractors like him.
Khabib is a pullout artist but he's very special and a breath of fresh air for grappling fans. Plus the Conor fanbase keeps bashing Khabib which is causing his fans and Conor detractors to root for him more. The same way Conor fans root for him more when people bash him.

I will agree... Conor's fans can be annoying. But I think that he brings something exciting to MMA. Win or lose his fights are entertaining.

Khabib is also something special. His grappling is the best in MMA currently. I would love to see him fight Askren or GSP.

Cant wait for the fight. I think Khabib wins... but I hope Conor makes it interesting.

TS you post this same shit everywhere you possibly can. Conor isn't scared if Khabib, before 205 Conor literally stood there while khabib walked away both talking shit.... How the fuck do you find Conor being scared for that???? He flew across the country? He would have done that if anyone had done that to Artem, he did it to get in Khabibs head... In no way was he scared by doing that, if he was he would have just let Artem fend for himself with Khabibs squad. Use some logic bud

Nate got in Connors head at the first presser . Conman nut huggers forget or refuse to see . Nate was barely a top 5 fighter when he smoked him . Khabib is a whole other animal, you damn right he is in his head .

Nate got in Connors head at the first presser . Conman nut huggers forget or refuse to see . Nate was barely a top 5 fighter when he smoked him . Khabib is a whole other animal, you damn right he is in his head .

The Russian beat a cable repair man or something like that to win the title. And he was not particularly impressive in doing it. Conor McGregor beat the actual champion. Did it in style.. But whatever.

This is bullshit.

You're basically excusing all of Conor's actions attacking the bus like a lunatic, injuring innocent people, getting in trouble with the law, starting shit with fighters backstage, and writing it off as promotion.

Khabib calmly saying he doesn't like Conor, is going to be calculated, not strike with him and wants to make him look bad on the ground is clearly Conor being in his head though? lol

vid_conor.0.jpg

3BrxvWOisORMs.gif

Him saying he wont stand with Conor and take him down is him talking strategy and nothing out of the ordinary, thats talk of a fighter with level headed outlook on a fight. However, him talking that he wants to humiliate and embarrass Conor, hurt him and smash and disfigure his face....furthermore, not finish him and prolong the beating while he clearly says he doesnt like Conor shows that there is emotion involved. Again, you never hear Khabib talk about anyone like that before and suddenly he starts talking like this? Obviously Conor and his persona have something to do with that.

I am not saying that Conor is in his head like it's mentally fucking with him and will cause him to fight in a bad way. I am saying it in the sense that he's Conor has clearly changed his motivations in this fight and how he wants to approach it.

And yes the bus attack was a publicity stunt, it just went too far. You're clearly a Khabib fan judging by all your posts favoring him in every way possible and debating every topic. I have no favorites in this fight as I like both guys equally, I just call it like I see it man.

Those guys are humans like anyone else, so of course they'll take losses. A lot of them perform very well but lose in the 3rd round because they slip up or gas. They are very talented but their training facilities are still 2nd to what you'd get in the US and Canada and probably England too.

Another problem is lack of activity. They don't get nearly as much fights as they should. When one of them doesn't get a US visa or gets injured, instead of scheduling for the closest card or closest overseas card in Brazil, Asia or Europe, they're just shelved for most of the year and end up only fighting once a year. It's really frustrating how they're handled compared to US and Brazilian fighters who get immediate reschedulings.

On top of that, there's only 23 Russian fighters overall in the UFC. There's around 70 Brazilian fighters on the roster and counting. The roster from Russia are only a third of that number in comparison (Russia is FAR more accomplished in amateur martial-arts than Brazil; and even their MMA scene is far larger), and there's disproportionately so few of them than they should be that people automatically assume they must be a larger than life killer when they're really just regular humans like you and me. They can suffer losses too and have. But the moment they do, people say they were "exposed" but when the same happens to a Western fighter you'd never hear that. Take Zabit vs Bochniak for example. Bochniak gets a participation trophy just for making the third round, but if Zabit lost in the third he'd have been "exposed".

Last edited:
Back