Is Khabib in Conor's head moreso than any other fighter in his entire career?

I think the only thing we can say for certain is that judging by this thread, Conor is deep in a lot of your heads. Like, balls deep.

Khabib looks like a stoic stone cold killer when he talks about ruining Conor. Russians are pretty well known for being ruthless while maintaining composure. I would imagine even more so with a Dagie mountain Russian.

Conor's actions on the other hand were completely reckless and batshit crazy. Flying across a continent to throw a dolly at his bus, getting in trouble with the police. He seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and act a fool while Khabib just sits back cold and calculated.

The Irish are a scrappy breed, much more so than North Americans, but Russians are cut from a different cloth entirely.

Regardless of how calm Khabib is, Conor is still clearly in his head when he's talking about beating up on a character and on stage persona. Khabib never talks about anyone like that in the past, now that's all he's talking about, and he is showing anger when he talks. He says he doesnt wanna finish him and make him pay....that's not really being clear headed now is it? I dont know if that will have any impact on the fight but it's clear that Khabibs motivations are different in this fight as a result of Conor and his personality. I mean it's pretty clear he doesn't like McGregor and the hype surrounding him.

BTW, Conor wasnt in New York for that purpose. He was there to negotiate a interim title fight with the winner of RDA/Colby and was potentially gonna be announced. And I hope you understand that everything Conor did with the bus attack was purely for promotion, right? Conor acts like a wacko on stage...he did vs pretty much everyone, especially Aldo and how did all those fights turn out?

It goes both ways. Conor did seem a bit desperate to get any sort of psychological advantage and it probably backfired.

But Khabib hasn't been the stoic and emotionless monk he usually is...if nothing else dude definitely seems pissed off talking about how he wants to disfigure Conor. Even against Tony who clearly annoyed Khabib he was all about honor, legacy, glory to the sport, victory at any cost, etc.

Regardless of how calm Khabib is, Conor is still clearly in his head when he's talking about beating up on a character and on stage persona. Khabib never talks about anyone like that in the past, now that's all he's talking about, and he is showing anger when he talks. He says he doesnt wanna finish him and make him pay....that's not really being clear headed now is it? I dont know if that will have any impact on the fight but it's clear that Khabibs motivations are different in this fight as a result of Conor and his personality. I mean it's pretty clear he doesn't like McGregor and the hype surrounding him.

BTW, Conor wasnt in New York for that purpose. He was there to negotiate a interim title fight with the winner of RDA/Colby and was potentially gonna be announced. And I hope you understand that everything Conor did with the bus attack was purely for promotion, right? Conor acts like a wacko on stage...he did vs pretty much everyone, especially Aldo and how did all those fights turn out?
This is bullshit.

You're basically excusing all of Conor's actions attacking the bus like a lunatic, injuring innocent people, getting in trouble with the law, starting shit with fighters backstage, and writing it off as promotion.

Khabib calmly saying he doesn't like Conor, is going to be calculated, not strike with him and wants to make him look bad on the ground is clearly Conor being in his head though? lol

vid_conor.0.jpg

3BrxvWOisORMs.gif

I just want the champion to be the best guy in the division so that means McGregor needs to take a beating.

Conor holds bitterness against

Floyd, for sonning him hard
Nate, for making him pussy out
Khabib, for taking Artem's virginity, getting him arrested and costing him millions in court

However, Floyd and Nate are post fight. Khabib is the only fighter that makes Conor bitter pre fight. If he loses this one he fails to defend Artem's virginity, fails to defend his own honor and it will be devastating.

On the flip side if Khabib gets KTFO in front of his father he would have failed his father and Islam, his father would probably disown him and he would be treated like an apostate by his countrymen.

Neither man can afford to lose.

In all honesty, I think people are underestimating the pressure on Khabib. Right now it’s tooooo early to see how the fighters will enter fight night, one thing is certain to me... once Conor starts with the trash talk, the people around Khabib will all project their hopes and expectations upon Khabib where anything but a complete domination will be considered a loss. Yes Khabib can win but he can also lose and at least Conor has lost in front of his supporters and country men.

Khabib will never have felt pressure of this magnitude until he arrives in the octagon to feel it first hand. The whole Russian pride, family pride and Islam angle is going to really start weighing on his shoulders IMO.

It would be interesting however if he remains this composed throughout. I remember seeing Aldo across from Conor and knowing he was going to get KTFO just based on body language.

I thought the same based on the intense walk and glare Nate displayed in his first fight against Conor.

Khabib just wants conor in the cage to hand out a beating. He could care less about what conor says. Conor will only be poking the lion if he gets too crazy.. And will pay with blood.

Khabib just wants conor in the cage to hand out a beating. He could care less about what conor says. Conor will only be poking the lion if he gets too crazy.. And will pay with blood.
This is how I see it.

Mike Tyson was a guy who just wanted to hurt people. They weren't in his head he just got off on inflicting pain.

I think Khabib is really looking forward to his fight with Conor because he wants to hurt him bad and his attitude about it is extremely cold and calculated.

I think the opposite is true, you cant shake the man from Dagestan. Khabib's mental toughness is leaps and bounds above everyone else.

If these guys end up being respectful at the conference,we send @LouisBolanos to be the sole reporter on the scene to ask questions during the presser.

I don't get all the love for Khabib/hate for Conor.

He has pulled out of so many fights. His fight aren't overly exciting.

Conor is yet to pull out of a fight... win or lose his fights are enjoyable.

But to answer your question... I think Conor realises it isn't a great stylistic match up for him... but he is such a draw now he doesn't need to be on the mic talking smack to get people interested in the fight. His time is better served learning decent TDD.
Because its about whose the best. It might be Khabib.

I don't get all the love for Khabib/hate for Conor.

He has pulled out of so many fights. His fight aren't overly exciting.

Conor is yet to pull out of a fight... win or lose his fights are enjoyable.

But to answer your question... I think Conor realises it isn't a great stylistic match up for him... but he is such a draw now he doesn't need to be on the mic talking smack to get people interested in the fight. His time is better served learning decent TDD.
The hate for Conor comes down to his over the top fanbase. I'd be willing to bet even his biggest detractors like him.
Khabib is a pullout artist but he's very special and a breath of fresh air for grappling fans. Plus the Conor fanbase keeps bashing Khabib which is causing his fans and Conor detractors to root for him more. The same way Conor fans root for him more when people bash him.

This is bullshit.

You're basically excusing all of Conor's actions attacking the bus like a lunatic, injuring innocent people, getting in trouble with the law, starting shit with fighters backstage, and writing it off as promotion.

Khabib calmly saying he doesn't like Conor, is going to be calculated, not strike with him and wants to make him look bad on the ground is clearly Conor being in his head though? lol

vid_conor.0.jpg

3BrxvWOisORMs.gif
Conor is a madman,he is acutely aware that the crazy shit he does is encouraged by the ufc and his fans,but thats who he is. With or without coke,guy is a chance taking lunatic when shit pops off.

That being said,hes fuckin with the wrong one,this time. Dolly throwing schenanigans might have been sensational to the public but that dont mean shit to Khabib and his crew.

This fight is so awesome.

If these guys end up being respectful at the conference,we send @LouisBolanos to be the sole reporter on the scene to ask questions during the presser.

I'm gonna be there, and I'm gonna wear a custom t-shirt with this in front

original

and this in the back

D0fGFVO.jpg

And my first questions will be "what's your favorite sexual position with your wife?" for Khabib, and for Conor "why did you take social welfare checks which are meant for women and the handicapped?"

<{JustBleed}>

I'm gonna be there, and I'm gonna wear a custom t-shirt with this in front

original

and this in the back

D0fGFVO.jpg

And my first questions will be "what's your favorite sexual position with your wife?" for Khabib, and for Conor "why did you take social welfare checks which are meant for women and the handicapped?"

<{JustBleed}>
:eek:

How can the fans lose with someone like you in our corner?!

:eek:

How can the fans lose with someone like you in our corner?!

I was actually hoping Chael would make my dream a reality and wear one of these rainbow Putin t shirts to a Fedor presser.
So far I have been very disappointed by his promotional efforts. I expected him to unleash hell on Russia like he did with Brazil back in the day.

I was actually hoping Chael would make my dream a reality and wear one of these rainbow Putin t shirts to a Fedor presser.
So far I have been very disappointed by his promotional efforts. I expected him to unleash hell on Russia like he did with Brazil back in the day.
He looked into Fedors expressionless hazel eyes and saw something thats warned him against it.

Because its about whose the best. It might be Khabib.
I think you are right that Khabib might be the best fighter we have seen since GSP. We just need to see him tested against some top contenders. I have no doubt he would win but I still want to see him fight better competition.

As a Russian expat I approve of this post. Russians are indeed very composed in a fight. But Dagestanis... those guys are ruthless. I'd rather fight another Russian than a Dag.

that means nothing to conor though. whatever reputation dagestanis have goes over the heads of most the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back