Is Kevin Lee any more evolved than Coleman/Randleman?

Kevin Lee constantly gets opponents backs and has a crap load of finishes by RNC. Heck, when he was able to get Iaquinta down he had his back for the majority of the round. His boxing has gotten much better as well, the only thing holding him back is his cardio which is not championship level and appears it never will be.

I just noticed Fighter Kevin Lee is ranked lower than Barboza on the UFC page, even though he beat him last year.

It's not a bad comparison.

It looked like he had evolved way past his former self when he dominated Barboza and was schooling Ferguson.

The 2nd loss to Al might have shown that Iaquinta wasn't just a tough guy but might be legit.

Then Al lost to Cowboy and Lee lost to RDA, who are tough fighters....

In the end, all that does is throw Kevin in the midst of a really stacked division and quite a ways from the top.

He needs a dominant win next, irrelevant of who it's against.

He needs a dominant win over a big name after that.

Otherwise, he'll just be a hype train whose biggest wins are Chiesa and Edson.

It's not a bad comparison.

It looked like he had evolved way past his former self when he dominated Barboza and was schooling Ferguson.

The 2nd loss to Al might have shown that Iaquinta wasn't just a tough guy but might be legit.

Then Al lost to Cowboy and Lee lost to RDA, who are tough fighters....

In the end, all that does is throw Kevin in the midst of a really stacked division and quite a ways from the top.

He needs a dominant win next, irrelevant of who it's against.

He needs a dominant win over a big name after that.

Otherwise, he'll just be a hype train whose biggest wins are Chiesa and Edson.

But who among the LW top 5 can Lee beat?

I thought he won the Al rematch.
And still only 26.
Lmao thank gawd you are not a judge.

As for Lee being more “ evolved” . He has better standup and is probably more well rounded but you just cannot train fight iq, cardio and heart. He is not better than Coleman and Kevin in those departments.

Prime Mark was way stronger and Kevin much more explosive. Not even arguable.

Last edited:
It's a very VERY interesting comparison.

Like for like.. Time for time.

They're better. Beat opponents with good stand up and both won belts. Beating Igor back in 2000 after fighting for 15 minutes in the same night is off the menu for Lee..... KO'ing PRIME Cro Cop...

You can split hairs about divisions and times...

But saying he's the Hammerhouse fighter of today means he'd have to win something "doing him"... Then evolving ..

You think so ? I can see Coleman smashing Francis.
I could see him doing that, or folding like a lawn chair. Francis managed to stuff Blaydes consistently, so it's not like Mark (either one) would be a lock over him. Not to mention that he seems to be durable too, which could end up letting him survive Coleman's onslaught and pick up a finish late like he did against Luis Henrique.

I know, I know, counting on Francis' cardio is risky, but Coleman is not exactly a marathon runner either.
Monster had deceptive boxing tho...
That ties into his athleticism though. Obviously he wasn't lost on the feet, but he got away with stuff just by being an insane athlete and packing one hell of a punch, not to mention that he could feint too.

Hammer house guys were tough but they are pretty rudimentary in their skills. You can't really compare the old timers vs the newer guys. Especially the HWs vs LWs in terms of technical skill.
Coleman and Randleman have better wrestling accolades. One was olympian and the other was a solid D1 competitor. With that said, you don't really need to learn how to "wrestle" in MMA as opposed to learning how to complete a takedown and defending one. Lee is way more well rounded and excels in the taking of the back and finishing. He just doesn't have a good training setup and he would benefit going somewhere else.

It's not really your grammar that bugs me. It's that fashion that you construe your thoughts into words. It's like you're on drugs or something; however, I bet tat you're not a total retard, so it makes it even harder to accept that you communicate like one.

You gave me 3 fighters to size up. I did one. I don't want to waste anymore time talking to you because I hate your posts, but if you break down the skill set of Ebenezer, I will give you my opinion of him and his skill set in regards to modern competition. I really don't know much about suloev. I'm sure I've seen one of his fights, as I've heard the name, but I'm not going to pretend to know much about him. Maybe, I'll watch a few of his fights, but I feel like if he was that great or well rounded, I would remember him better.
Just block him. He is a weirdo that jerks off to old fights and makes up fake narratives in his head. He really doesn't know much about the technical game but he gets really angry/annoying with the weird old name drops. Names like Fabiano Iha, Suloev and forgotten guys will be brought up. He really tried to convince me one time that Rampage was some bjj wizard since he went for a failed half ass kneebar. Several weird facts from some Art Davies UFC book will be brought up as well.

It's not really your grammar that bugs me. It's that fashion that you construe your thoughts into words. It's like you're on drugs or something; however, I bet tat you're not a total retard, so it makes it even harder to accept that you communicate like one.

You gave me 3 fighters to size up. I did one. I don't want to waste anymore time talking to you because I hate your posts, but if you break down the skill set of Ebenezer, I will give you my opinion of him and his skill set in regards to modern competition. I really don't know much about suloev. I'm sure I've seen one of his fights, as I've heard the name, but I'm not going to pretend to know much about him. Maybe, I'll watch a few of his fights, but I feel like if he was that great or well rounded, I would remember him better.

What a clown,lmao...

This is ya in this thread:

mouth.gif

See how eazy it is, mate...

Had ya admitted, at the very beginnin´, that ya have a pretty limited knowledge of that era, and consequently are not qualified to give a legit assessment, ya would have avoided all this...

Remember: ya´re the one who started usin´ superlatives, and dismissin´a whole generation.

I gave ya 3 fighters: one relatively eazy [Babalu] since he could really showcase his skill set in the States; and 2 pretty 'hardcore´[Braga & Suloev > Russian & Brazilian Vale Tudo Scene > IVC & BVF / IAFC...then Pride & even UFC].

In short:
Never dismiss
things that are beyond your knowledge.
Be humble & Study this shit, then drop your assessment.

When ya dont know, ya dont talk.

shhh.jpg

Last edited:
Just block him. He is a weirdo that jerks off to old fights and makes up fake narratives in his head. He really doesn't know much about the technical game but he gets really angry/annoying with the weird old name drops. Names like Fabiano Iha, Suloev and forgotten guys will be brought up. He really tried to convince me one time that Rampage was some bjj wizard since he went for a failed half ass kneebar. Several weird facts from some Art Davies UFC book will be brought up as well.
oh cool, Smiley´s back...

Still mournin´the 2 ass whoopings, I see...

lolol.png

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/for-those-that-say-fedor-was-a-can-crusher.3416245/page-8

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...in-mma-history.3928977/page-12#post-150314155

lol heath.gif

cryin kiss one.gif

Last edited:
Mark Coleman does not get anywhere near enough respect. Top 10 Hw of all time easily based off of achievements and skills.

Title says it all. Kevin Lee was apparently going to beat Khabib 6 months ago. And MMA has apparently evolved so much in the last 15-20 years. So surely a modern day LW/WW would be way more advanced than an ancient HW? Especially a notoriously limited HW like Hammerhouse produced.

Wrestling? Coleman and Randleman are at worst equal to Lee here. At worst

Striking? Again pretty equal. Randleman KOd Cro Cop. What has Lee ever done on the feet?

BJJ? None of them can even spell BJJ so again pretty even.

Cardio? Again non existent for all 3.

Ive just realised... Kevin Lee is Team Hammerhouse. Holy shit!
Not even, Coleman and Randleman both won titles, Coleman won a GP in Pride too... Lee will never wear a belt, just a loudmouth bum imo, he wouldn’t last a week training at old school Hammer House.

What a clown,lmao...

In short:
Never dismiss
things that are beyond your knowledge.
Be humble & Study this shit, then drop your assessment.

When ya dont know, ya dont talk.

View attachment 590015
Like how not to communicate like a total fucking retard?

Look, I don't think that you've ever trained or worked on any actual techniques or skill sets a day in your life. Hell, I would wager that you've never even been in a fight. You have like almost 10k posts on here in a little over a year. Just because you jerk off to old fights that are before my time, much less your own, doesn't give you a knowledge of anything in regards to actual techniques or skill sets. I can actually break down one's wrestling ability because I wrestled for 13 years. You, you're nothing but an annoying critic type Internet troll that needs his ass beat.

YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT than one of those fucking losers that will try to school someone on music knowledge with obscure facts about shitty bands that nobody has ever really listened to despite never learning how to even play a fucking instrument.

If you want that assessment, here it is. I think assessing you is more interesting than old obscure fighters that nobody cares about.

In your mind, you feel like you're out debating people, and it gives you some sense of accomplishment; however, it's a false accomplishment because your communication skills are so fucking poor that one could never really debate anything with you. Basically, you have a false sense of reality. It's why you think girls like you that don't actually like you. It's why you think you're better at shit than you really are. It's why you're wasting your life in the web instead of accomplishing actual meaningful shit.

STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE. You're going to be 40 in the blink of an eye kid.

Like how not to communicate like a total fucking retard?

Look, I don't think that you've ever trained or worked on any actual techniques or skill sets a day in your life. Hell, I would wager that you've never even been in a fight. You have like almost 10k posts on here in a little over a year. Just because you jerk off to old fights that are before my time, much less your own, doesn't give you a knowledge of anything in regards to actual techniques or skill sets. I can actually break down one's wrestling ability because I wrestled for 13 years. You, you're nothing but an annoying critic type Internet troll that needs his ass beat.

YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT than one of those fucking losers that will try to school someone on music knowledge with obscure facts about shitty bands that nobody has ever really listened to despite never learning how to even play a fucking instrument.

If you want that assessment, here it is. I think assessing you is more interesting than old obscure fighters that nobody cares about.

In your mind, you feel like you're out debating people, and it gives you some sense of accomplishment; however, it's a false accomplishment because your communication skills are so fucking poor that one could never really debate anything with you. Basically, you have a false sense of reality. It's why you think girls like you that don't actually like you. It's why you think you're better at shit than you really are. It's why you're wasting your life in the web instead of accomplishing actual meaningful shit.

STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE. You're going to be 40 in the blink of an eye kid.
Great,great... Ya wrote some 100 lines now, that I didnt even read, since it seems, again, pure ad hominem BS.

tbh I kindah understand, ya´ve been exposed ITT, makes sense... to deflect...

I asked ya 3 skill sets x 2 lines = 6 lines.
I didnt ask ya to tell me about your life, ya goof.

Keep duckin´,lmao, jus´like the other Smiley...

Owned.

slap volk 3.gif

Last edited:
I could see him doing that, or folding like a lawn chair. Francis managed to stuff Blaydes consistently, so it's not like Mark (either one) would be a lock over him. Not to mention that he seems to be durable too, which could end up letting him survive Coleman's onslaught and pick up a finish late like he did against Luis Henrique.

I know, I know, counting on Francis' cardio is risky, but Coleman is not exactly a marathon runner either.

That ties into his athleticism though. Obviously he wasn't lost on the feet, but he got away with stuff just by being an insane athlete and packing one hell of a punch, not to mention that he could feint too.

Idk why I consistently undersell Francis. I love him as a fighter, hes a beast. Ever since that stipe fight I cant shake that image. The amount to be desired on the mat is tremendous. As I said earlier in the thread I kinda re thought my position, Francis has tremendous power and can actually fight while his cardio is tapped( a gift not every heavyweight has) where mark Coleman has to win that fight on the mat and early, something that is a tough ask against Francis.

Francis KO round 2.

I just noticed Fighter Kevin Lee is ranked lower than Barboza on the UFC page, even though he beat him last year.
Hmmm. Maybe they got him mixed up with Swimmer Kevin Lee ?

Great,great... Ya wrote some 100 lines now, that I didnt even read, since it seems, again, pure ad hominem BS.

tbh I kindah understand, ya´ve been exposed ITT, makes sense... to deflect...

I asked ya 3 skill sets x 2 lines = 6 lines.
I didnt ask ya to tell me about your life, ya goof.

Keep duckin´,lmao, jus´like the other Smiley...

My nephew says the way you write is a form of ebonics.
Is this true? Are you in to the hippity hop?

Is that what this is all about?

Title says it all. Kevin Lee was apparently going to beat Khabib 6 months ago. And MMA has apparently evolved so much in the last 15-20 years. So surely a modern day LW/WW would be way more advanced than an ancient HW? Especially a notoriously limited HW like Hammerhouse produced.

Wrestling? Coleman and Randleman are at worst equal to Lee here. At worst

Striking? Again pretty equal. Randleman KOd Cro Cop. What has Lee ever done on the feet?

BJJ? None of them can even spell BJJ so again pretty even.

Cardio? Again non existent for all 3.

Ive just realised... Kevin Lee is Team Hammerhouse. Holy shit!

Coleman is a UFC champion and a Pridefc GP champion

Randleman is a UFC champion

#endthread #legends

Back