Is Kevin Lee any more evolved than Coleman/Randleman?

@wilKO I generally like your posts but obviously Lee is way more technical especially in striking,bjj,transitions on the ground like back taking,clinch strikes,mixing everything together etc.I'm pretty sure this was just shitting on Lee,and if that's the case then i'm with you on that part.
Yeah, it's a pretty biased post imo.

Top 5? He’s clearly never been better than Khabib, Tony, Dustin, Justin, Mcg, Cowboy or Al. I’d even favor other LWs over Kevin. Kevin has trash cardio, ok striking at best and 1 good round in him before he’s a slow prodding target. Lee is one of the most overrated fighters I can recall in recent memory.

I thought he won the Al rematch. Dustin, Cowboy, Justin, and Conor aren't "clearly" better either.

And still only 26.

Bottom of the barrel fight IQ, no gas tank. Remedial gatekeeper at best

tenor.gif
I still can't believe Baboza didn't knee the shit out of him and instead got taken down by a guy doing the chicken dance <mma3>

Man, Lee is light years beyond the Hammer House boys! His top game is probably the most dangerous in the LW division, his striking is fluid and powerful, the best RNC this side of Maia, and he has take downs for days... until he gasses. Then he's just looking for a way out.

The Hammer House guys never really developed a good striking game and their submission games were non-existent. Awesome athletes that never evolved with the times yet still managed some amazing moments of brilliance in the latter stages of their careers. I was a huge Randleman fan back in the day, but he was nowhere near the complete fighter that Lee is.

Look, I hate Lee just as much as the next guy, but this narrative guys are putting out that he sucks cuz Iaquinta edged him out (coulda gone either way) and RDA outlasted him (RDA's the man) needs to stop. The guy's an amazing fighter, one of the best grapplers in the sport, and has squashed some very, very good fighters during his time in the UFC. He will also shake things up at WW if he chooses to stay there. He's insufferable to listen to, he thinks far too highly of himself, but he is also a very competent fighter and one of the most promising prospects this side of Erick Silva.

Just my two cents.

If you can’t look and see that lee’s striking, although pretty average by today’s standards, isn’t miles better and more spfisticated than Coleman&randelmans then I don’t know what to say really!
lol at randelmans KO of cro cop as meaning he’s anything more than a hard hitter.

Lee’s submission and passing game is also miles ahead of the hammer house can opener.

Now that you’ve mentioned it, their tantrum throwing styles are also similar.

Lee is light years more evolved than Colman or Randleman, but he's facing guys that are light years more evolved than the guys that beat Coleman and Randleman. I can garantee that Lee is better at defending subs and more knowledgeable in the submission game than either Colman or Randleman, and his striking is visibly more evolved as well.

Kevin Lee would probably beat Prime LW BJ Penn. He's just in a division filled with great fighters. The LW division in 2019 has more extremely well rounded fighters than there where extremely well rounded fighters in the entire sport back in the pride and early UFC days. There's probably close to 15 fighters in that weight class that are decent in all 3 major disciplines (wrestling, striking, submissions). These fighters would absolutely obliterate the Ralph Gracie and Sean Sherks of the world.

Lee needs to retire

Like Maia, if Lee can't take his opponent down, it's probably going to be a long night for him. Unlike Maia, Lee isn't a master anywhere so he'll never be as successful as one-trick ponies. Lee has no tricks. Lee has no cardio. He only sees holes in other men. Gross.

@wilKO I generally like your posts but obviously Lee is way more technical especially in striking,bjj,transitions on the ground like back taking,clinch strikes,mixing everything together etc.I'm pretty sure this was just shitting on Lee,and if that's the case then i'm with you on that part.
Relative to todays standards hes a caveman.

I actually think Lee's BJJ is decent. His gas tank is terrible but he is great in scrambles, taking the back in really good at certain things. He has beat some really good fighters but when he can not blow past some body, he throws in the towel.

As was pointed out tho, Coleman and Randleman were much better wrestlers. Lee was a D2 wrestler, no where near a Gregor Gillespie nat champ or Coleman or Randleman's level.

Personally, I think Lee's overall skillset is solid and his deficiencies lie in things like cardio and gameplanning

He fought for an interim title ya know.

Dominated Chiesa and beat the living crap outta Edson.

What a scrub lol.
No one said he is a scrub. You’re original comment is just plain silly. Claiming he was top 5 is ludacris as well as using he had an interim title shot to reinforce your position is really laughable. Beating Chiesa doesn’t make you special. And Edson loses to wrestlers just stop and think. You need perspective.

Last edited:
but he's facing guys that are light years more evolved than the guys that beat Coleman and Randleman.

. The LW division in 2019 has more extremely well rounded fighters than there where extremely well rounded fighters in the entire sport back in the pride.
b4 usin´this kind of superlatives, try to do some research.

I still can't believe Baboza didn't knee the shit out of him and instead got taken down by a guy doing the chicken dance <mma3>

I know.

When his opponent's failure is the only success your favorite fighter can be credited for

{<jordan}

Back