Is Ken Shamrock really the 'Greatest American Catch Wrestler' in history?

It's tough seeing Ken's recent fights and losing to Kimbo Slice compared to his younger years in his prime

my vote goes to Farmer Burns.

Farmer%2BBurns%2Bhanging%2Bhimself.bmp

Ken my beat people into living deaths, but this guy lives deadly hangings.

No mention of Shinya Aoki?

I believe the best catch wrestlers i have seen are:

Ken Shamrock
Masakatsu Funaki
Josh Barnett
Kazushi Sakuraba
Minoru Suzuki

My favorite out of the group is Masakatsu Funaki, the best catch wrestler i have ever seen. His knee bars are second to none.

Nice to see Bullit blessing the heavies.

Absolutely. Ken Shamrock is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. His only good wins (besides Severn) are in Pancrase which was full of fake fights. Those wins basically mean nothing.
Name all the fake fights
I can probably name 3 same as ufc and pride

No mention of Shinya Aoki?

I believe the best catch wrestlers i have seen are:

Ken Shamrock
Masakatsu Funaki
Josh Barnett
Kazushi Sakuraba
Minoru Suzuki

My favorite out of the group is Masakatsu Funaki, the best catch wrestler i have ever seen. His knee bars are second to none.
I love masa
He gave rickson good battle

It's hard to rate the greatest American catch wrestler because the community had been so small and poorly documented.

I can see a strong argument being made for Ken just because there's not many people in the conversation.

The one thing against Ken is that he outweighed all but like 2 if his pancrase opponents. And by a large margin. Usually 20-30 lbs.

Plus that org did have several fake outcomes, which causes every fight to be under suspicion.

But then you have to compare him to the old time guys like Karl gotch. who knows how many people he outweighed, or how many of his fights were against total cans, or how many were faked.

Then there is Josh Barnett. Who has a legit claim on the title because he probably could have destroyed Ken at any point in their respective careers if they fought, and he was UFC champ, and beat the better competition in MMA, but was not as accomplished in pancrase.

Overall I think Josh's accomplishments are more impressive so I'd give him the title.

Name all the fake fights
I can probably name 3 same as ufc and pride

I'm not of the belief their weren't works in either of those organizations. Call them out and I'll watch them with a skeptical eye. This sport is shady as fuck. Pancrase is one of the worst offenders because many of their "fights" were obviously works but I trust no organization.

Individually, I don't believe he was ever any of those words, let alone all four of them at the same time.

I would say Barnett but both Shamrocks should probably be top 5 for this catagory.

In MMA, I'd say yes. Josh Barnett is his obvious competition. It'd be cool to get Josh's thoughts, but I doubt that he'll see this thread. IMO, the fact that Ken not only has the catch lineage but was champion of what was for all intents and purposes a catch-based MMA org puts him in the best position for the title.
This

George Washington was a way better catch wrestler.

I'm not of the belief their weren't works in either of those organizations. Call them out and I'll watch them with a skeptical eye. This sport is shady as fuck. Pancrase is one of the worst offenders because many of their "fights" were obviously works but I trust no organization.
Different rules like Palm strikes may judge people.
I can name 3 Ken suzuki 2 Ken Hume funaki Jason

Back