Is Karo Parisyan one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

Karo was the male version of Ronda, skill set wise, till he got hurt. The only difference is Ronda is fighting much weaker competition then her own skill set.

Sounds about right.

Karo got on those pain pills too

Incredible Judo, cheered for him against Diaz, but the master of self destruction, loved the guy bam in the day but no

Karo was good and could have been better but his head wasn't right, and he has a piece missing from his back, and he racked a disciprine.

TS did not use bro once.

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F05%2F14%2Fmad%2Bmen%2Blaugh.gif

I would honestly say Karo implemented Judo into MMA better than any fighter in the history of the sport. His throws were a thing of beauty. Only Akiyama beats him bit that's because he is the sexiest being in the Solar system (Galaxy pending).

I disagree, don't forget for the majority of her armbar run all that groundwork was from her judo.

Her chain throws, counter throws, and ground work are ridiculous.

I think he's arguably the greatest WW of all time. His Judo was second to none. He only had losses against bigger fighters, or else after he got sick. He was blatany robbed against Diego, and GSP (im sorry but he did far more from the bottom than GSP did on top)

He destroyed Diaz, Serra, and would have demolished Hughes as well. That's an unusual fighter.

He probably took to much of the pain pills had a panic attack, once you do that your never the same because you break your stress threshold and then your body and nervous system goes haywire.The condition is curable but Karo obviously doesn't know how to cure it because he's around the establishment medical system who think everything and anything can only be cured by a drug thats his problem,it was the moron that gave him the pain pills to begin with.

Yeah it was a nightmare but it was also different back then.

the same Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP

Arguably defeated GSP... yeah I mean we've all heard that argument being made...

one of the best ww ever according to where your ranks him but not one of the greatest ever, i d rank him around 10 in the all time ww list

Not sure I get all the love for Karo's throws. I haven't gone back and re-watched his fights (the last one I remember is Karo vs. DHK which I thought was close but a win for Kim) and my memory is that even when he was successful with throws, Karo tended to over-rotate so he didn't necessarily end up in an advantageous position afterwards.

I remember reading somewhere that this is a tendency many judokas have because there is no penalty for it in judo, but in MMA that obviously has drawbacks.

Contrast to how well-positioned RRR ends up after a throw or trip.

Oh... KARO is GOAT!!!

Karo > Serra > GSP > EVERYONE

So... yes! Absolutely!

I don't even know who he is.

GSP tooled him while he was still new to the UFC and wet behind the ears.

Back