Is Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos a hall of famer?

yes he would. all the glue huffing has given me a glass jaw

580249.jpg

Eh.
Maybe. I always felt he was usually a step behind the true greats. But he was close enough,i guess.
I know you've watched a long time like I have, so I'm genuinely curious. I was never a huge fan, but I watched his initiial rise in the ufc and it really was quite impressive. Finished nearly everyone for years until Cain.

Cain is the purest example I can think of, of watching one fighter beat the prime out of another. He got some big wins after Cain as well tho including Stipe.

Reactions: HHJ
I know you've watched a long time like I have, so I'm genuinely curious. I was never a huge fan, but I watched his initiial rise in the ufc and it really was quite impressive. Finished nearly everyone for years until Cain.

Cain is the purest example I can think of, of watching one fighter beat the prime out of another. He got some big wins after Cain as well tho including Stipe.
The stipe fight was good,he needed that big right hand so bad,to win that one..and came in clutch. I think ill watch that one again tonight

He is better or equal to a number of HOF members. Bisping, Forrest, Rashad and Bas come to mind.

That being said I say no. If he had come out on top of the Cain trilogy I would say yes.

Should have to be the top of your weight class for an "era" to make it in
This makes me wonder why isn't Cain in the HOF he's actually retired, guy was ufc goat for awhile.

There should be no UFC hall of fame.

It's crazy to think out of the first 6 fights listed within that screen shot that none of them headlined a card. JDS was a straight killer for a bit.

I think he is HOF worthy.

If Faber and Bisping are HOFers, then JDS should be too.

The stipe fight was good,he needed that big right hand so bad,to win that one..and came in clutch. I think ill watch that one again tonight
Close fight and imo the last appearance of prime jds. One of those close fights where nobodies stock really goes down.

An underrated fight honestly, probably one of the best in ufc hw history.

This makes me wonder why isn't Cain in the HOF he's actually retired, guy was ufc goat for awhile.

Probably because he left the UFC on his own...giving no way DW/UFC could make money on him.

JDS still rolling...DW/UFC happy they can still capitalize on one of them...

Close fight and imo the last appearance of prime jds. One of those close fights where nobodies stock really goes down.

An underrated fight honestly, probably one of the best in ufc hw history.

Great fight. Can't ask for more between to HW's in a 5 round battle.

Eh.
Maybe. I always felt he was usually a step behind the true greats. But he was close enough,i guess.

To anyone saying no please explain why

this.

anyone saying no likely has Crocop, Cain, Werdum, Stipe.. maybe even Mir in their Top 10.

and he has a "W" over them all.

Don't see why not. He's had a great ufc career. Although i'm sure you'll get a bunch of people implying you need a Jones, GSP. or Silva like legacy before you can ever be HOF worthy.

Well Frank Shamrock isn't in so you also need to be nice to the brass of course.

Great fight. Can't ask for more between to HW's in a 5 round battle.
Rounds were very close and jds had to put the stamp on it by dropping him. The speed and athleticism on display over 5 full rounds by both men is amazing.

You guys are mentioning Mask, Forest, Bonnar, Bisping, Faber have to also realize that people get put in the HOF for reasons other than just winning a title. It has to do with their impact on the sport or to be the first at something.

I don’t think Serra should be in but I think JDS is worthy of it.

Back