Is Josh Koscheck A UFC Hall of Famer?

When you look at his career body of work, it's probably a no. No real marquee victories, never held a title, & at 17-8 his record isn't great.

But when you think of his UFC relevance to the welterweight division for nearly a decade now you start to think its a maybe. Koscheck has been in 23 UFC bouts, tied with Chuck & surpassed only by Couture, Hughes, & Tito.

He has fought for the title. He will be remembered as one of the big names of the early UFC WW division. He fought to a split decision with Hendricks, the current champ. I think it's close.. What do you think?

Hell no, not a chance, never, can't believe the question was even asked.

Yes because his hair style. His hair style deserves two Hall of Famers.

I was thinking about this too. A few off the top of my head but im not sure if they won championships
-Albert Belle MLB
-Jeff Bagwell (MLB)
-Rick Smits (NBA)
-Sean Elliott (NBA)

Only reason Belle not in HOF is because media hated him.

I say take Tito out and put him in because it's fucking meaningless anyway.

I don't think Koz or Boner should, the hall of fame should go to guys that win and defend their belts at least once.

Hell no
His best win is Paul Daley lel

inb4 he almost beat hendricks

i believe, at the time he won, his win over anthony johnson was much more impressive. anthony was such an explosive, athletic, massive WW and at the time, i remember thinking that the winner of that fight deserved a title shot. josh looked good -- good win.

paul daley is an average one dimensional fighter and i expected josh to roll over him, like he did. that was a gimme.

When you look at the Hall of Fame of other major sports, there are a lot of guys that weren't amazing, but were recognizable & respectable.

Not everyone can be Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan. Josh Koscheck is a name I will recognize even 20 years from now after much better fighters have come along.

Having been to several Halls of Fame (football and hockey), I tend to disagree. There are some athletes that are less than great (Art Monk?), but still very, very good and usually played for championship teams.

If Bonnar can get in, anybody can.

Josh Koscheck couldn't get into the UFC Hall of Fame if he paid the admission price.

Oh wait, where is the UFC Hall of Fame located?

In the UFC's Hall of Fame? Sure.

In a legitimate MMA Hall of Fame based on achievements and contributions to the sport? Not a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back