Is Josh Koscheck A UFC Hall of Famer?

Hell no
His best win is Paul Daley lel

inb4 he almost beat hendricks

Every time someone tells me that WW is the deepest division in MMA, this thought crosses my mind.

Kos' biggest win is a LnP job over Daley or faking an illegal blow then eyepoking Rumble. That's really not up for debate, it's true. Then I wonder, what is Alves biggest win? It's either Hughes or Kos right? Hughes was already dethroned and Alves came in overweight in that fight, so it's probably Kos. Okay... what's Fitch's biggest win? It's Alves...

It's like everyone made a name off of fighting GSP, then losing to each other.

No but if Bonnar is in, anyone can get in.

07_garcia_vs_phan_004.jpg

I guess they are both deserving, according to current (lack of) criteria.
:icon_lol:

Having a lot of fights should not qualify you for the Hall of Fame.

He would be in a TUF hall of fame, but not a UFC.

Rarely challenged for the title, came up incredibly short in his attempt, no standout victories, didn't really bring the sport to any new horizon...

... good fighter, but not a legend.

1 name: Stephan Bonnar= Anyone can be a HOF'er

Bonnar was in one of the most important fights in UFC history, the culmination of the inaugural run of The Ultimate Fighter.

Koscheck was eliminated by Diego on the show, but I would argue that Kos's fight with Chris Leben was probably the biggest fight of Season 1... and the reason many of us watched.

But nah, I don't see Kos making it in.

When you look at the Hall of Fame of other major sports, there are a lot of guys that weren't amazing, but were recognizable & respectable.

Not everyone can be Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan. Josh Koscheck is a name I will recognize even 20 years from now after much better fighters have come along.

Exactly! A case can definitely be made for him.

Although, he was one of the first fighters I watched and followed when I was just a casual fan, so maybe I'm a little biased.

By my standards of what a hall of famer should be ... no.

By UFC standards that got Bonnar and a Teeshirt guy in there ... sure.

Every time someone tells me that WW is the deepest division in MMA, this thought crosses my mind.

Kos' biggest win is a LnP job over Daley or faking an illegal blow then eyepoking Rumble. That's really not up for debate, it's true. Then I wonder, what is Alves biggest win? It's either Hughes or Kos right? Hughes was already dethroned and Alves came in overweight in that fight, so it's probably Kos. Okay... what's Fitch's biggest win? It's Alves...

It's like everyone made a name off of fighting GSP, then losing to each other.

Pretty much.

This is off topic, but they really need to make an MMA Hall of Fame. Or just change the UFC HOF to MMA HOF... There are many reasons why, but my reason is simple... Will Wanderlei Silva be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame? No, because to be honest, he doesn't deserve it. What has he done in the UFC to warrant a HOF induction? ... Nothing.

But he deserves to be honored, he's one of the GOATs... y'all get my point.

longevity does not equal greatness.

Kos does not deserve to be in the HOF...not even close.

When you look at his career body of work, it's probably a no. No real marquee victories, never held a title, & at 17-8 his record isn't great.

But when you think of his UFC relevance to the welterweight division for nearly a decade now you start to think its a maybe. Koscheck has been in 23 UFC bouts, tied with Chuck & surpassed only by Couture, Hughes, & Tito.

He has fought for the title. He will be remembered as one of the big names of the early UFC WW division. He fought to a split decision with Hendricks, the current champ. I think it's close.. What do you think?

No, Koscheck is not a hall of famer

His titleshot was un derserved at the time. If you put him in you need to put Fitch in before him.

He was good, not great. But Bonnar is in so really who cares anymore.

Bonnar was a necessary addition to the HOF. Many people don't realize the true importance of his fight with Forrest. If the fight was many other things but what it was, we likely we not have mainstream MMA today. Anyway, I would not vote that Koscheck or Fitch be in, but i'd say Koscheck definitely has more than zero chance, which is what I'd say Fitch has of getting in.

Belle and Bagwell aren't in the HOF.

Damn MLB voters are pretty harsh both guys have incredible offensive stats. Or is it that they both played during the juiced era?

Ufc Hall of fame = a big JOKE

So yeah sure Josh Koscheck is a "UFC" Hall of Famer, why not.

UFC Hall of Famers, but NOT real MMA Hall of Famers:
Josh Koscheck
Kenny Florian
Frank Mir
Diego Sanchez
Brock Lesnar
Stephan Bonnar
Michael Bisping
Yushin Okami

Forum statistics

Threads
Members