Is Josh Koscheck A UFC Hall of Famer?

Phil Rizzuto (MLB)
Frank Ramsey (NBA)
Paul Hornung (NFL)

Just going through the lists of HOFers, these guys are all more undeserving than Koscheck.

For Phil Rizzuto, a lot is going to depend on how you value defensive play and championships. You can make a case why he doesn't belong, but I don't think it's ridiculous that he's in. He did win an MVP and was a part of 7 championships. He was a very good defensive shortstop.

If it was up to me I would say no, but I don't think it's comparable to Kosch.

Hope not. The UFC might make the HoF fairly extensive however in the future. It all depends how large the HoF gets. If it's like the NFL, then yea.

First, you have to make the UFC HOF worth something. Right now, it's meaningless.

What is the criteria to get in to a HOF that actually honors greatness? I think any serious fight fan says no to Kosch pretty easily based on how we judge fighter's careers.

Why is it meaningless? If you look at every HOF, there are athletes, personalities and those who made an impact on said sport.

When you say meaningless I assume you mean Bonnar, Griffin and Mask.

Sorry bud, but all 3 had a very significant impact on the sport. Bonnar-Griffin was THE fight that had people screaming holy shit and arguably sparked the mainstream breakthrough. Mask was a guy who worked his ass off to make his brand synonymous with MMA and a guy who personally (along with the "Tapout crew") funded the camps of several fighters who at the time were lucky to get sponsorships from anybody besides Phils Burger Barn.

Saying that those 3 didn't have a significant contribution to the rise of MMA is ridiculous.

Why is it meaningless? If you look at every HOF, there are athletes, personalities and those who made an impact on said sport.

Sorry bud, but all 3 had a very significant impact on the sport. Bonnar-Griffin was THE fight that had people screaming holy shit and arguably sparked the mainstream breakthrough. Mask was a guy who worked his ass off to make his brand synonymous with MMA and a guy who personally (along with the "Tapout crew") funded the camps of several fighters who at the time were lucky to get sponsorships from anybody besides Phils Burger Barn.

Saying that those 3 didn't have a significant contribution to the rise of MMA is ridiculous.

I think the problem people have is it is based so much on what Dana and management wants for the HoF rather than the fans/fighters/press. A good HoF has a panel of press/former atheletes that vote on who goes in and who stays out. We just don't have enough structure to it right now.

That's great, but you missed completely on why it's meaningless.

There is no criteria. There is no third party group that votes on who gets in. There's no vetting of retired fighters.

Without that, it's totally subjective and really based on whatever they feel like at the time.

If you want the criteria to be "had a significant impact on the sport", OK GREAT. It's vague and not really going to distinguish the great fighters of all time. Isn't that the whole point?

I was thinking about this too. A few off the top of my head but im not sure if they won championships
-Albert Belle MLB
-Jeff Bagwell (MLB)
-Rick Smits (NBA)
-Sean Elliott (NBA)

Belle and Bagwell aren't in the HOF.

I don think so

That's his point, I thought.

Oh. I thought he was responding to this question:

Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
Like who? What other sport Hall of Famer would you consider analogous to Koscheck?

You asked about sport HOFer.

If he meant to say a great player/fighter who falls short, then I totally agree. Maybe that is what he meant.

I don't think so. On the other hand, isn't Stephen Bonnar is in there?

fuck NO, he embarrassed MMA with his fight tactic against Daley.

Oh. I thought he was responding to this question:

Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
Like who? What other sport Hall of Famer would you consider analogous to Koscheck?

You asked about sport HOFer.

If he meant to say a great player/fighter who falls short, then I totally agree. Maybe that is what he meant.

Yeah, I thought the same thing you thought at first, but then I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was analogizing Kos to non-HOFers. Do you know if the two basketball players are in the HOF? That might answer the question for us.

No. Why do people keep making these threads about non-champions in the HOF? Other than Bonnar and Griffin who were included for a very specific (if silly) reason, I don't see any non-champs making it. I think you should have won a title and defended it at least 3-4 times to even be considered. Otherwise it becomes even more meaningless than it already is (since it's basically the Hall of Dana White's favorite fighters).

I don't think there would be anyone wondering how prime Koscheck would do against the top guys in 20 years. He just isn't that recognized, and haven't achieve a tittle nor did he win TUF.

I say wether or not he deserves to be on it depends on what HOF really menas. If it is for the best fighters and those who help accomplish something, or if it includes well know fighters.

Nope, Gif related:

alveslegkickskosh.gif

he showed heart in that fight, but it was really one-sided.

He wasn't even a champion (in any MMA promotion).

However, since the UFC hall of fame is simply a farce, anyone can get in.

I don't see the point of wanting to be in the UFC Hall of fame as there are no benefits to being a member.

nope

but you got bonnar in there

Back