Is Josh Koscheck A UFC Hall of Famer?

When you look at the Hall of Fame of other major sports, there are a lot of guys that weren't amazing, but were recognizable & respectable.

Not everyone can be Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan. Josh Koscheck is a name I will recognize even 20 years from now after much better fighters have come along.

Like who? What other sport Hall of Famer would you consider analogous to Koscheck?

Since I don't want the HOF to become something where they allow everyone who retires to be inducted, I'm going to say no. It should be reserved for dominant champs, people who took place in historically significant events, etc.

Hell no
His best win is Paul Daley lel

inb4 he almost beat hendricks

Majority of the people on here scored it for Koscheck. Wouldn't say he almost beat him, but he lost a controversial decision to Johny Hendericks.

Koscheck being in the HoF makes sense. That Tapout dude is in it. Koscheck should definitely be in it.

Also Koscheck RNC'd Rumble who beat Phil Davis/Arlovski. Which illogically speaking, means that Koscheck pretty much beat Arlovski and Phil Davis.

Koscheck=UFC Hall of Famer.

Bonnar and Mask are both in the lame assed UFC HOF, so why the hell not? There's no relevance in being in it anyway. Until there's an actual MMA HOF with an un-bias, unaffiliated board deciding who gets in, the vast majority of us with at least half a brain will give no merit to the UFC HOF, which is just a list of people Dana likes.

Watered down hall of fame is the worst thing in the world.
The UFC is already falling for it.

I could name about 50 guys that deserve to be in before him.

Bonnar and Mask are both in the lame assed UFC HOF, so why the hell not? There's no relevance in being in it anyway. Until there's an actual MMA HOF with an un-bias, unaffiliated board deciding who gets in, the vast majority of us with at least half a brain will give no merit to the UFC HOF, which is just a list of people Dana likes.

Very true. Hardly anyone has been inducted in it and it's already a joke.

When you look at his career body of work, it's probably a no. No real marquee victories, never held a title, & at 17-8 his record isn't great.

But when you think of his UFC relevance to the welterweight division for nearly a decade now you start to think its a maybe. Koscheck has been in 23 UFC bouts, tied with Chuck & surpassed only by Couture, Hughes, & Tito.

He has fought for the title. He will be remembered as one of the big names of the early UFC WW division. He fought to a split decision with Hendricks, the current champ. I think it's close.. What do you think?

Not even close. You would need to do something remarkable to be HOF and Koscheck was simply a top contender. There are a few short term champions who won't be in the HOF. Rashad and Junior, if they do nothing more, wouldn't warrant HOF status. A guy like Faber might make it. Many title shots, exciting fighter, very strong record against all but the champ.

Like who? What other sport Hall of Famer would you consider analogous to Koscheck?

I was thinking about this too. A few off the top of my head but im not sure if they won championships
-Albert Belle MLB
-Jeff Bagwell (MLB)
-Rick Smits (NBA)
-Sean Elliott (NBA)

I was thinking about this too. A few off the top of my head but im not sure if they won championships
-Albert Belle MLB
-Jeff Bagwell (MLB)
-Rick Smits (NBA)
-Sean Elliott (NBA)

Bagwell is a pretty good comparison, I think. Not quite a .300 hitter, never made it to 500 homers, never made it to 2500 hits, made it two one WS but never won it. Maybe a little bit too complimentary for Kos, but not far off. Good call.

Phil Rizzuto (MLB)
Frank Ramsey (NBA)
Paul Hornung (NFL)

Just going through the lists of HOFers, these guys are all more undeserving than Koscheck.

Phil Rizzuto (MLB)
Frank Ramsey (NBA)
Paul Hornung (NFL)

Just going through the lists of HOFers, these guys are all more undeserving than Koscheck.

Rizzuto won 7 world Series titles and was the league MVP one year, was a great defensive shortstop and it still took 35 years for him to be elected to the baseball HOF by the Veteran's Committee.

So, OK, maybe 35 years after he retires we can talk about letting Koscheck into the UFC HOF's second tier.

Who cares about the UFC hall of fame?

Back