Is Josh Emmett a serious contender at 145 lbs?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dude hits like an absolute truck at that weight. He lost that fight to Stephens which was a little bit sketchy and all with the legality of the shots.... but none the less. Diverse enough skills to win a 5 rounder against the likes of Holloway, Volkanovski, Ortega?

Do you think he is a legit title contender? Dark horse of the division?

EuphoricIgnorantDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

DimDenseFeline-max-1mb.gif
CreativePowerfulFawn-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
The Stephens finish if you were wondering

OldfashionedTartAurochs-size_restricted.gif

A vicious finish.. but the legality of the knee is in question... most likely wouldn't have mattered but still.

The dropped BBQ sauce says yes

But since i'm not a drunk piece of shit I say no

He is, but I'm hoping Allen beats him.

Dude hits like an absolute truck at that weight. He lost that fight to Stephens which was a little bit sketchy and all with the legality of the shots.... but none the less. Diverse enough skills to win a 5 rounder against the likes of Holloway, Volkanovski, Ortega?

I just don't think he has the skill set to challenge the elite in the division. He can obviously KO anyone in the division if he lands, but I think the higher he goes the more trouble he'll have landing that shot. Also, he's 34, not sure how much improvement in his game we'll see at this point. I think he's at, or very close to. his peak at 145

Loses rounds, but has tremendous power that let's him rally from behind.

Also has a great look, either a small white orc from the Hobbit, or a juiced up Nosferatu.

I don't know, can you call someone a title contender when they were on their way to a clear decision loss to Michael Johnson before he starched him late in the 3rd?

Just the way he bounced back from that facial surgery alone says yes he's a contender. Interesting aside note though Zubaira Tukhugov narrowly defeated him in a grappling match, so I think someone like Tukhugov or even his last opponent the undefeated Lerone Murphy would be better "dark horses" since Emmett is top 10ish

He hits like a truck and would love to see him face KZ

Tons of power but that's about it, dont think he cracks the top 5 but will tune in regardless

He beats Volk imo..

Late in his career, mostly looking for the hbomb. Similar in that way. Unless I'm mixing up my fighters then I'll see myself out
"late in his career" Doesn't define Dan Henderson as a fighter. There are so many fighters that go for the one big KO, doesn't mean they are the new age Hendo lmaoo come on man

He has ko power, that's about it. Not saying he isn't a skilled fighter. But catching MJ was the only way for him to win. And Stephens hulk smashed him. He's top 6-10 material.

wih wins vs bektic and lamas.. and the first to KTFO MJ stiff 100 % he is a legit top 10, not sure if he can be a title contender, seems that the ufc is not giving any favors matching him vs arnold allen.

wih wins vs bektic and lamas.. and the first to KTFO MJ stiff 100 % he is a legit top 10, not sure if he can be a title contender, seems that the ufc is not giving any favors matching him vs arnold allen.

Let's be real nobody gives a shit about Arnold Allen

Back