Is Jorge Masvidal the most well rounded fighter in the UFC?

He's been one of the most well rounded fighters in the world for a long time now.

It's amazing he's finally getting his due.

Id say Whittaker if he had high level bjj.

He has excellent striking and can make Olympic wrestling medalist not bother wrestling

I've heard a great argument that his lack of aggressiveness in fights was due to him operating on a different clock than other fighters. His opponents would operate under the 3x5min system, while he would operate under street fight time, where there isn't any hard time limit. This resulted in Mas pacing himself differently than other guys.

Don't know how true this is, but I found it interesting.

Where are these 15 minute plus street fights taking place? Sounds cool, just not realistic. I can't recall any of the old Kimbo back yard fights going anywhere near that long.

2wdvafc.jpg

No.
This is what you call recency bias.

Jose, Jones, Frankie, Cejudo, potentially Stylebender (if we see more of him on the ground), stipe, holloway, KZ, kelvin...

Gamebread is a badass but I wouldn't call him the most well rounded.

2-2 in his last 4 fights and 5-4 in his last 9 fights. If he's that well rounded what does that say about the fighters that beat him? Couple good wins in his last two fights but seriously I'd take Askren in a rematch. KO's in the first 30 sec. don't mean a whole lot IMO. Both fighters are cold and a KO is much easier when the fighters haven't taken a few shots.

Being well rounded doesn't mean the same as being the best fighter or winning every fight. Masvidal isn't the best striker in his division. Wonderboy tooled him up. He isn't the best grappler. Maia outgrappled him. He isn't the best clinch fighter. Isn't the best wrestler. Isn't the best kicker. But he is really good in all those areas I mentioned. Most fighters aren't. Masvidal has a serious claim to being good at every facet of MMA. If not every, then certainly most.

This thread is going to be hilarious when Masvidal loses his next fight.

Aldo, DC, Holloway...those guys are seriously well-rounded, but nobody's perfect. So many aspects to an mma fighter. Masvidal is nowhere near those guys.
Was wondering when someone was going to mention Aldo, arguably the most well rounded we've seen with GSP being the only guy I would put above him.

Jones and DC are up there too though.

Steroids notwithstanding, Arguably Jon Jones, but I've been a fan of Gamebred since he wrecked kj noons back in the day. But being dominant most areas of fighting only two people in the UFC come in mind: Jon Jones and DC.
Jose Aldo should be on your list too.

lol no not at all good god nobody liked this guy till he kos his last 2 guys funny when he loses his next fight how no more threads will be made about him

i could name 10 guys off top of my head who are more well rounded

henry cejudo dustin portier cruz tj dillashaw jose aldo anthony pettis chris weidman dc frankie edgar cub swanson gsp robert whitiker jacare souza

Hard to argue against this. He may not bet the best at 155 or 170 but he's not an easy fight for anyone in either weight class.

Hes got great boxing
Decent kickboxing
Decent wrestling
Great defense
Good BJJ

Yeah I'd say he is up there. I think hes gonna win that WW belt honestly. He wont be a long time champ but i think he will win it.

Back