Is Jorge Masvidal the most well rounded fighter in the UFC?

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I enjoy technical discussions guys, let’s leave the whole shit talk stuff for other threads. I really don’t care about that, I do care about fighting ability. With that said...

- His boxing is among the best in the sport

- His Muay Thai and kicks are admittedly very underrated. Took out Yves Edwards with a head kick, fucked up KJ Noons back in the day IIRC

- His clinch fighting and wrestling are seriously, seriously underrated. Defended how many shots against Maia

- Speaking of Maia, he went on the record and said Gamebred was the best Jiu Jitsu fighter he’d ever fought. Talk among ATT guys indicate that he’s a complete beast on the mats.

Yves said he’s probably the most talented and complete fighter he’s ever worked with, which speaks volumes. I think now everything is finally clicking for him because he’s become so much more aggressive. In the past he’s dropped so many split decision losses (which are the majority) because he tended to just coast. See the Iaquinta fight for example.

I'm thinking towards Tony Ferguson , maybe Daniel Cormier too as most well rounded fighter, they're good on the feet and the ground, both being very strong in clinches with Tony using the elbows and DC with his short punches devastating their opponents

I think when he’s focused, he is contender material.

I think when he’s not focused, he is decisionable.

I’ve heard rumors for years that he is one of the most ducked fighters on the roster and we’re talking when he wasn’t focused.

Game recognize Gamebred.

DC. Easily.
60kW.gif

He is up there but id go with jon, dc and tony tbh

You have to be a fucking retard to believe that.

Last edited:
No. When he next loses he will become a gatekeeper again.

Just because you're a black belt doesn't mean you can't make white belt threads.

If you made this thread before last weekend the replies would be hella different agreeing with you calling him underrated but now that he KOd their golden boy he's overrated trash. lmao.

He's one of them.

If you made this thread before last weekend the replies would be hella different agreeing with you calling him underrated but now that he KOd their golden boy he's overrated trash. lmao.

He's one of them.
this before/after scenario is completely made up. i would say askren fans likely undervalued Jorge's skills. you really think they're saying he's trash now? i'm just venturing a guess, but you're speculating just as well as I.

Let's calm down. Awesome back to back huge wins, but let's not forget that he's basically been a .500 fighter over the past four years.

He's a damn good fighter who has well rounded skills but it's ridiculous to put him over guys like Jones, DC, Cejudo, etc.

this before/after scenario is completely made up. i would say askren fans likely undervalued Jorge's skills. you really think they're saying he's trash now? i'm just venturing a guess, but you're speculating just as well as I.
An Askren fan told me in a thread Ben Askren is a better all around MMA fighter than Jorge Masvidal so not really.

No , not even close.
The guy has 13 losses in his record and is a journeyman who had two KOs recently and people are going nuts about him , he is a journeyman thats all.

Aldo, DC, Holloway...those guys are seriously well-rounded, but nobody's perfect. So many aspects to an mma fighter. Masvidal is nowhere near those guys.

He is extremely well rounded striking is some of the best, very high fight IQ, good on the ground(only been submitted once). He definitely has the tools to become champion all depends on his mindset. Before he lacked killer instinct, and was contempt with decision wins. Ever since he came out that jungle he is starting to finish everybody.

Steroids notwithstanding, Arguably Jon Jones, but I've been a fan of Gamebred since he wrecked kj noons back in the day. But being dominant most areas of fighting only two people in the UFC come in mind: Jon Jones and DC.

Back