Is Jones vs Smith the greatest mismatch in UFC history?

I'm just glad to see a guy like Smith get a big payday.

if smith doesnt tko jones, he would be such a let down.

Smith actually has a chance. Watch Shoguns first few fights in Pride, his opponents had zero chance.

Almost forgot. Crocop vs Minowa... LOL

He looked outstanding in his last three fights. I bet he will do better than the pathetic performance Gus did.

He looked outstanding in his last three fights. I bet he will do better than the pathetic performance Gus did.
If that fight lasts until round 3 it will be because Jones was fucking around and trying to win by heel hook or something.

Last edited:
Hope so. Gus looked scared to pull the trigger. Happens to Jones's opponents. Deers in headlights. They let him work them out and dictate the fight. Its frustrating to watch to hopefully he goes out like a soldier in his own blood than a coward in his own piss.

would be story of the year imo if smith KO'd jon, would absolutely be fucking incredible

but damn man the chances of that happening <DCrying>

Some of Anderson's defenses were ridiculous mismatches. Gsp too

Smith and Jones is the biggest mismatch since GSP vs Serra after Serra had won the TUF 'The Comeback' season.
Smith, like Serra has no chance.

Hope so. Gus looked scared to pull the trigger. Happens to Jones's opponents. Deers in headlights. They let him work them out and dictate the fight. Its frustrating to watch to hopefully he goes out like a soldier in his own blood than a coward in his own piss.

It amazes me how people have no fucking idea what they're watching.

Why would Gus be afraid to pull the trigger against Jones in the rematch when he wasn't the first time?

Gus didn't do anything because Jones didn't let him. He kept Gus out of boxing range and scored from the outside until he could get the TD.

“In ufc history”!? No way.

Even if you ignore the pre-Zuffa/early tourny stuff (which you really should when talking about this kind of stuff, cos there were mismatches APLENTY in those days), there are heavy mismatches all the time.

Most recently, Cyborg’s first couple UFC opponents were terribly, TERRIBLY outmatched, for example.

Mendes vs McKenzie is always my go to

Randy couture vs James toney.....

/thread

Do people know what a mismatch is? This fight is far from a mismatch. A mismatch would be Mirko Cro Cop vs Dos Caras Jr. aka Alberto Del Rio

That fight lasted 46 seconds before Mirko had enough and knocked Alberto out with a perfect left high kick followed up with a punch for good measure
NZK6tai.gif

How has nobody mentioned Coture vs James Toney?

Back