Is Jones the least hittable fighter in MMA?

Is Jones the least hittable

• Total voters
have you watched a jon jones fight? he gets hit a lot
he just happens to have an iron chin. very underrated chin

Hate him or love him (long time fan of Cruz)
that mofo is what not getting hit is all about.

Even his lone loss back in the day to Faber when Faber was “the man” he still hit that clean knee-tap he slides in on every opponent so unnoticed. Angles, foot-work, head off the straight line, kicks, timed TDs. Masterful.

Gotta be Ryan Hall. If you even look like you are thinking of throwing a strike at him he flops.

131_Jon_Jones_vs_Rashad_Evans_gallery_post.jpg

Jones has the best defense I've seen in MMA. I never would've thought I'd be saying this after the first Gustafsson fight; he was obviously hittable back then as he relied too much on his reach, but now he is extremely slick in the pocket, has much improved head movement, is able to shoulder roll, etc.

After Jones, the best defense I've seen comes from Zabit, then Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa isn't too far behind, and there are probably others I'm forgetting.

Mighty mouse didn't seem to get hit much at his peak, from memory. Khabib was the other name that came to mind as well.

Jones has the best defense I've seen in MMA. I never would've thought I'd be saying this after the first Gustafsson fight; he was obviously hittable back then as he relied too much on his reach, but now he is extremely slick in the pocket, has much improved head movement, is able to shoulder roll, etc.

After Jones, the best defense I've seen comes from Zabit, then Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa isn't too far behind, and there are probably others I'm forgetting.

Costa got touched with teh jab against Hall, then him and Romero had that war where they both got hit alot by each other. Zabit is a great shout though.

Costa got touched with teh jab against Hall, then him and Romero had that war where they both got hit alot by each other. Zabit is a great shout though.

You're right about the jab from Hall, hasn't happened since then though. He had issues judging distance in the Hall fight but I guess I'm just giving him props for always having his hands up and chin down lol.

Romero is able to stand in the pocket against guys like Costa, and is able to minimize his output against guys like Whittaker for two rounds straight, conserving energy and being purely defensive, and rarely getting hit clean. Few fighters are that good defensively in MMA.

His defence is one of the best. He's also good at running when getting hit.

Anderson Silva could be in for a shout if he did less of this
ClosedPeskyFrenchbulldog-small.gif

And more of this
SlowComfortableGelding-small.gif

Back