Is jones really ducking gustaffon

spence11

White Belt
Reaction score
I like many others thought gus had done enough in the first 19 mins of the fight to derserve the decision, in round 4 it said gus had 88 head strikes to jones 15, he stuffed every single one of jones takedown attempts with ease, he put jones down a few times, landed some solid kicks and just look sharper over all.What a lot of jones fans do not get is that while jones clearly landed some great shots many of the kicks he was throwing was being checked,blocked,caught or doing no damage to gus in anyway shape or form, when jones finally started having success in the late 4th and 5th round alot of it was due to gus gassing and lack of experience in a 5 round title fight. How does dana/jones not give a gus a rematch many people felt gustaffon won that fight, he just looked better for a large part of the fight.

He's said he'll fight Glover then Gus again. That's not exactly what I would call ducking.

If he calls out Cung Le, I'll reconsider.

He's said he'll fight Glover then Gus again. That's not exactly what I would call ducking.

If he calls out Cung Le, I'll reconsider.

I honestly believe he's praying that Gus will lose his next fight so he doesn't have to fight him again. If he really wanted to fight Gus again and prove to all the doubters that he won the first 1, he would be screaming after the rematch.

"Ducking" as much as he was when he asked for Gus over Machida.

It's a shame to see the Machida and Gus fanbases sharing some negative tendencies.

Regardless of what jones fans will say it is starting to look like jones is " ducking " gus lol
He knows he got beat but he will never admit it!
Regardless gus vs jones 2 will eventually happen in the mean time bring on glover vs jones sure its not my first option but I still wanna see it!

whether he's ducking or not, I'd say he's going to be getting some big surprises soon.
You don't have to believe that Gus won that fight, but what I think everyone has to agree on is that Gus gave the division a massive gift in the form of fight footage showing JJ looking lost.
If his next three fights are Glover, Cormier and Gus (in whatever order) I've got to figure that one of them will be able to use their new knowledge of Jon to snatch that belt from him.

People still questioning Bones heart lol, absolutely laughable. The fight was close and deserving of a rematch but it will still happen, Glover won't pose much of a problem for him and Gus will only lose if they pair him up with Machida or Rashad.

I honestly believe he's praying that Gus will lose his next fight so he doesn't have to fight him again. If he really wanted to fight Gus again and prove to all the doubters that he won the first 1, he would be screaming after the rematch.

Fighting and beating Gus in a rematch wouldn't prove that he won the first one.

Let's just say I don't think Jones asked to rematch Gus last time he spoke to Dana.

Hes gonna do what hes told. Both gus and glover deserve a shot and they will both get it, one first or the other.

Hes gonna do what hes told. Both gus and glover deserve a shot and they will both get it, one first or the other.

He's already asked for Glover and will fight Glover next.

Yeah, fighting Glover, then Gus, is ducking...

Let's stick to calling people out for ducking when there's at least a grain of evidence.

Everybody relevant already agrees who won the first fight, the judges scored it unanimous, practically all the media had it for Jones and reported it that way. Even Big John came out and said he had it for Jones.

I doubt he cares that much what a vocal minority of haters on the internet think :p

I think it's the haters who are afraid Gus might lose his next fight and they will have to go back to cry for Jones to move up to HW so their biggest dream can come true and they finall might see him lose...

Stop it , you guys act like Jones won a highway robbery. It was a Close fight, I thought Jones took it. I don't really care for either fighter so it is an unbiased opinion. It is not like Jones is stepping back and saying I really need to fight a Matt Hammil before I fight Gus again. He is fighting Glover who most people though deserved the title shot more than Gus until he proved he could hang.

Everybody relevant already agrees who won the first fight, the judges scored it unanimous, practically all the media had it for Jones and reported it that way. Even Big John came out and said he had it for Jones.

I doubt he cares that much what a vocal minority of haters on the internet think :p

I think it's the haters who are afraid Gus might lose his next fight and they will have to go back to cry for Jones to move up to HW so their biggest dream can come true and they finall might see him lose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yM-Wz3NJMk
this

watch it and tell me you cant agree

Last edited:
I think the UFC doesnt want Jones to lose ...yet.
They want to ride the Jones train another couple of fights. UFC has a lot invested in him.

Last edited:
Back