Is Jones past his prime?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Discuss. He has been at this for long and been in tons of five rounds fight but I don't think he has taken much damage, aside from gus 1 but it wasn't too much either.
He's pretty old in fight years I think and might be sort of out of his prime.
Inb4 roids and pulsing.

IMO yes. which makes it all the more hilarious so many people on here STILL somehow believe Jon is actually going to dare to move up to HW and dominate

no
3 fights in the span of a year
1 domination + finish
1 utter domination
1 close fight that he clearly won

he'll dispatch of reyes in 3 and everyone will be back to regarding him as the goat (as they should)

More a case that he's recently been facing lesser opponents and fighting at their level.

At lhw his physical advantages and abilities still make him virtually unbeatable when compared with the current top contenders.

IMO yes. which makes it all the more hilarious so many people on here STILL somehow believe Jon is actually going to dare to move up to HW and dominate

he'll go up to heavyweight late this year
finish Stipe (who's chin is deleted from ngannou + DCx2)
he'll defend the belt 2 times before moving back down to LHW to fight Izzy

he'll go up to heavyweight late this year
finish Stipe (who's chin is deleted from ngannou + DCx2)
he'll defend the belt 2 times before moving back down to LHW to fight Izzy
k.

I would love to account bet you on this if you werent a brand new account, because I know for an absolute fact this will not happen. I'm skeptical that you even actually believe what you just typed.

btw this is Jon's last fight at LHW
its an exciting time in the UFC

k.

I would love to account bet you on this if you werent a brand new account, because I know for an absolute fact this will not happen. I'm skeptical that you even actually believe what you just typed.

why? it's not like what i said was super inconceivable
you dont believe Jon can win 4 straight fights?
bet against him then LOL

More a case that he's recently been facing lesser opponents and fighting at their level.

At lhw his physical advantages and abilities still make him virtually unbeatable when compared with the current top contenders.
He isn't fighting lesser opponents he is fighting less popular names which gives the perception that they are lesser opponents

yes

but just like other greats he will stay winning

Post prime Jones is still better than most fighters in their prime

Yeah man, plus he can’t roid so much, and plus every fight opponents have more and more tape on him.

But he’s still damn good.

In his rematch against Cormier, he seemingly threw 13 strikes per minute against an all-time great.

Against Santos, he threw only a whopping 3.5 strikes a minute against a one legged, and one dimensional MW. Scratch that, Santos had no legs underneath him.

Not to mention the guy has zero impact on any of his punches anymore and he’s got no strength to throw guys around like he used to in the clinch.

04174bbdce72fe76869f72addcda65ef9ff8e0e3f37cd90a5c566e338a8cc429.jpg

no
3 fights in the span of a year
1 domination + finish
1 utter domination
1 close fight that he clearly won

he'll dispatch of reyes in 3 and everyone will be back to regarding him as the goat (as they should)

His second fight with the mentally quitting Gus was boring as hell and Jones was pulsing with steroids in his system that fight.

His fight against Smith was one of the most boring fights I have ever seen in my life and a truly pathetic performance for the so called "P4P GOAT" who couldnt finish a MW journeyman bum like Anthony Smith who has 14 losses.

His last fight was another fight where Jones put the fans to sleep and somehow arguably lost 3/5 rounds to another MW jorurneyman bum with no legs or ACLs who got stopped by David Branch and Mutante and Jones actually lost rounds lol.

Hardly impressive and beating a green ass Reyes who went life and death with Volkan Nogroundgamemir isnt going to impress anyone with a brain.

The fact is without steroids Jon Jones is a boring, play it safe fighter and all his biggest wins and stoppages were the result of him either being fully geared up on steroids or at the very least pulsing.

The Jon Jones globbing as at an all time high which is mind blowing considering how boring hes been without steroids.

In his rematch against Cormier, he seemingly threw 13 strikes per minute against an all-time great.

Against Santos, he threw only a whopping 3.5 strikes a minute against a one legged, and one dimensional MW. Scratch that, Santos had no legs underneath him.

Not to mention the guy has zero impact on any of his punches anymore and he’s got no strength to throw guys around like he used to in the clinch.

04174bbdce72fe76869f72addcda65ef9ff8e0e3f37cd90a5c566e338a8cc429.jpg
you sound like a brainlet
Santos was in desperation mode. Everytime Jon would get close/threaten a takedown, Santos would swing hooks like crazy
90% of them missed.
They weren't meant to land. They were his form of takedown defence
Jon decided... why get clipped closing in on this guy who's clearly injured and swinging for his life when i can just stay at range and pick him off
hence Jon's way higher strike attempt to successful hit ratio

or are you one of those guys who get carried away by Rogans OOOOOOH's and 'HE TAGGED HIM'
learn the game mate, one day you'll truly appreciate the chess-play infront of you

His second fight with the mentally quitting Gus was boring as hell and Jones was pulsing with steroids in his system that fight.

His fight against Smith was one of the most boring fights I have ever seen in my life and a truly pathetic performance for the so called "P4P GOAT" who couldnt finish a MW journeyman bum like Anthony Smith who has 14 losses.

His last fight was another fight where Jones put the fans to sleep and somehow arguably lost 3/5 rounds to another MW jorurneyman bum with no legs or ACLs who got stopped by David Branch and Mutante and Jones actually lost rounds lol.

Hardly impressive and beating a green ass Reyes who went life and death with Volkan Nogroundgamemir isnt going to impress anyone with a brain.

The fact is without steroids Jon Jones is a boring, play it safe fighter and all his biggest wins and stoppages were the result of him either being fully geared up on steroids or at the very least pulsing.

The Jon Jones globbing as at an all time high which is mind blowing considering how boring hes been without steroids.
"couldn't finish" is the worst take ever lol
GSP had 8 straight decisions in 9 title fights
was he never dominating? was he "struggling to finish"? No
but you're still not at that point of appreciating the art form yet mate
you'll get there. i was like you once

He isn't fighting lesser opponents he is fighting less popular names which gives the perception that they are lesser opponents

I stand by what I said, blown up mws being rushed into title fights that they are not ready for just so Jones has someone to defend against.

No, he's just 32 and never got hit a lot.

I think he has been on a slow decline since the OSP fight.

you sound like a brainlet
Santos was in desperation mode. Everytime Jon would get close/threaten a takedown, Santos would swing hooks like crazy
90% of them missed.
They weren't meant to land. They were his form of takedown defence
Jon decided... why get clipped closing in on this guy who's clearly injured and swinging for his life when i can just stay at range and pick him off
hence Jon's way higher strike attempt to successful hit ratio

or are you one of those guys who get carried away by Rogans OOOOOOH's and 'HE TAGGED HIM'
learn the game mate, one day you'll truly appreciate the chess-play infront of you

the only chest-play here is the ones I get with your mom junior

I stand by what I said, blown up mws being rushed into title fights that they are not ready for just so Jones has someone to defend against.
'blown up mws'
santos had 3 straight finishes at LHW
smith had 3 straight finishes at LHW
we've seen LHW rejects succeed at other weight classes (Cannonier)
we've seen WW rejects succeed at other weight classes (whittaker, gastellum, till)
inversely, we've seen top 10 MWs move up and fail (rockhold, weidman, jacare)
damn... is MW weak?

Back