Is Jones ducking Ngannou the most shook fighter in MMA history?

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a fighter to shook and scared.

Jon Jones literally takes years to prepare for his HW debut
Bulks up slowly and steadily
Says he will fight the champion
Claims to be the GOAT and contends with anyone who would say otherwise

But now that Ngannou is champion, Jones all of a sudden wants to get 'paid' (aka ask for more money than he knows he will ever get so the fight never happens).

I don't think I've seen an instance like this where one fighter is so scared of another.

But now that Ngannou is champion, Jones all of a sudden wants to get 'paid' (aka ask for more money than he knows he will ever get so the fight never happens).
But he also asked for more money than he knows he will ever get at LHW, and for a HW fight against Stipe.

So in fact, there is nothing "all of a sudden" about it.

Do you have any other supporting evidence for your hypothesis? Or just this one inaccurate (flat out wrong) piece?

Last edited:
I don’t think money is an issue. I think it’s just a flex. Jones will be paid handsomely for this fight. And should he win, he’ll go onto make much more in his first title defence.

even a bigger shook than that chick, whose name i cant remember ducking chevchenko or gdr ducking cyborg

Picto wants to minimize risk to reward. If there's a reasonable chance of him getting blasted and losing at HW then he wants to be paid more for it, almost to the point where it's absurd considering typical UFC pay. It's his way of dealing with the real possibility that he loses at HW.

Of course fighter pay in the UFC is far too low but that's a separate issue. If that is really Jon's concern then he could have been more outspoken about that when he was fighting Anthony Smith or when they moved an entire event for him because he can't pass a drug test.

I don't think he's scared. I think he's pricing himself out. I think he thinks he's worth more than he is. I can't knock the guy for trying to get paid, but he needs to be realistic about what he's worth. Not everybody is Conor.

If he really wants to get paid, go to hw, win the belt, then start being a diva. Win a fight at hw before you start acting like you deserve some insane amount of money. He has to know he's not even a big draw. Turns out the guys that make the big money have a lot of people that care about watching them fight.

Those who believe professional fighters are scared to fight other fighters just will not have their minds changed.

Jones is fully aware that this could conceivably be the biggest UFC fight ever. He wants to cash in on that. I don't like how he is playing it though but I get it.

At some point he knew at HW he and Ngannou would collide. If he was scared he wouldn't be at HW.

Did he even comment on the fight before he started demanding more money to fight Ngannou? As far as I know, not a peep concerning Frank's win which is unusual for him. As far as being shaken by Frank's performance, I'll say that it was probably about the last thing he wanted to see. Patient, technical Nganou with defensive wrestling is a nightmare matchup that he wants no part of. That's pretty obvious.

Ngannou just became champion 3 days ago. As far as we know, there have been no contract offers or negotiations at all. Jones merely asked for money on Twitter, we have no idea how much he wants or if it’s unreasonable to price himself out of the fight.

All of this talk just seems like blind hate and bending and twisting things to fit a preconceived idea. I dislike Jones as much as anybody, but come on people. Stop jumping to conclusions based off nothing.

Ngannou just became champion 3 days ago. As far as we know, there have been no contract offers or negotiations at all. Jones merely asked for money on Twitter, we have no idea how much he wants or if it’s unreasonable to price himself out of the fight.

All of this talk just seems like blind hate and bending and twisting things to fit a preconceived idea. I dislike Jones as much as anybody, but come on people. Stop jumping to conclusions based off nothing.
But the point is, TS is saying he "all of a sudden" asked for more money.

Here he is almost a year ago asking for more money.

Dislike Jones all you want I don't give a fuck, but please, if you're going to make an argument, just make a sound one. Instead, TS is being as emotional and illogical as a newly sprung tweenage girl.

Dislike Jones all you want I don't give a fuck, but please, if you're going to make an argument, just make a sound one. Instead, TS is being as emotional and illogical as a newly sprung tweenage girl.

It’s all just blind hate. All logic goes out the window. Jones haters decided long ago he was terrified of Ngannou and Heavyweight. Like I said, I’m not a Jones fan but this type of thinking is irrational and not based off anything. Just feelings.

Before Stipe/Ngannou was official, Jones led a twitter campaign on why he should get the Stipe fight instead of Ngannou. Part of his reasoning was that it was a super fight, yet there was no mention of money potentially being an issue while he was actively trying to cut Francis in line. Francis, who was ready to go at any time and simply waiting for Stipe.

Jones was acting like someone who would've been ready for UFC 260. Now all of a sudden, instead of trying to cut the next fighter in line (Lewis), he said Lewis can have the fight. And he's been crying about money and defending his own honor on twitter ever since Stipe was flatlined. Classic behavior of a shook one.

maybe fans should wait more than 3 days to see how this plays out?

Did he even comment on the fight before he started demanding more money to fight Ngannou? As far as I know, not a peep concerning Frank's win which is unusual for him. As far as being shaken by Frank's performance, I'll say that it was probably about the last thing he wanted to see. Patient, technical Nganou with defensive wrestling is a nightmare matchup that he wants no part of. That's pretty obvious.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/list...annou-title-win-ufc-260-stipe-miocic-knockout

Tyron "It's bad for my Brand" Woodley when offered a fight against Lombard is the most shook fighter in MMA history of taking a fight.....In fight still goes to Rich Franklin in the 2nd fight against Anderson when Anderson had him in the Thai Clinch and Franklin's eyes showed terror.

Back