Is Jones Better Than GSP?

ThunderL1ps

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Which fighter is better at executing Greg Jackson stalling game plans/gaming the rules?

Jones or GSP?

I say they are equally unwatchable.

Jones way more watchable

GSP won more consecutive rounds. From partway through the 1st Kos fight until the 2nd round in the Shields he didn't lose a round.

GSP was more reliable, but Jones has been a lot more watchable, even if I love GSP and hate Jones.

Jones easily.

Way better opponents and didn't get knocked out by a midget.

Jones easily.

Not really, but anyway i guess since you call Serra a "midget" you are not the serious type of poster.

I'd say theyre pretty even. People are still living in the past when Jon Jones mauled Shogun. He is becoming the decision machine GSP was in the end. Unless he gets a gimme fight like Chael, he is in pretty boring matches - Rashad, Glover, DC, Rampage.
I think I'll give the edge to GSP as he pretty much cleaned out three generations of the WW division.

lol, gsp was more a tristar guy but, do continue.

I'd say he's getting close. But I still think GSP was greater.

Jones easily.

In the long run you line up their opponents they beat in order of greatness. The first 4 would be Hughes,hughes,BJ,BJ then would come some of jones

Jones is really good, but his stand up hand strikes are still awkward. He cant throw hard clean combos. But he is effective at what he does so give him that.

Jones easily.

Jones just faced his equivalent of a midget and got shit done.

GSP...

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

Not really, but anyway i guess since you call Serra a "midget" you are not the serious type of poster.

In all fairness, Serra called himself a midget when he was getting ready for the gsp rematch, he said something along the lines of "I maybe a physical midget but George is a mental midget"

everyone talked shit about pierre not being able to finish fights, but he even said it is hard to do against top guys in championship fights. i thought he was losing the ability to finish guys but now we see aldo, jones, unable to finish fights either, so i guess thats just how it goes. even ko artist hendricks hasnt had a finish. it doesnt look so bad on gsp now for his lack of finishes.

GSP is technically better, fought better competition and fighters from three different generations.

Shogun was coming from a knee surgery. The guy was tired after the first round, like when he fought Coleman and lost to Griffin.
Rampage was old and just had TDD and boxe.
Lyoto and Rashad were top victories
Chael Sonnen and Belfort( didn't have a full camp time) are MWs.
Gustafsson is top, but Jones had a controversial victory.
Glover Teixeira is more like Rampage but has a good jiu jitsu too.
Daniel Cormier make it equal for three rounds.

I give the edge for GSP been more technical and for fighting tough competition.

Back