Is Jones becoming a "GSP like" champ?

What! That's false bro. Gsp would do the exact opposite. Wrestle strikers and strike with wrestlers.. I lost a lot if respect when gsp fought Alves and won't exchange with once.
Who would have figured smart game-planning and wanting to keep a belt worth millions would come into play?

Just out of curiosity, what is it you think coaches and camps do when coming up with a game plan? Tell their guy ignore the areas where they can dominate the opponent and instead purposely do the one thing that would give the other guy any chance to win?

Like i said, no half-assing it on Sherdog

Dominant yes, Also like GSP would challenge guys in their area of strength and win

I would have to totally disagree. GSP was successful by targeting fighters' weaknesses. Jones makes a point if beating them at their own game and strengths. Its unbelievable to watch.

Jones tries, but he has no hands. Utilising that leverage from his long body by leaning you against the cage is how he exploits his length. His reach is irrelevant in the center of the octagon. He gets out struck to the head once again.

At round 3 I was like ah shit Cormier's losing this one. He just suddenly slowed down really noticeably. He rallied a bit in the 5th but it was too late, and his punches didn't have much on them at that point.

His best chance was probably putting Jones away in the 1st or 2nd, but that's a tall order. Literally! Get it? HA!! ... okay kill me now

giphy.gif

I really can't, but there were past champions who seemed willing to swing for the fences. It is gonna cost him in PPV money down the road.

He's probably making 300/200 minimum. Those guys were making 75/75. Can you blame him? He's got two kids.

Who would have figured smart game-planning and wanting to keep a belt worth millions would come into play?

Just out of curiosity, what is it you think coaches and camps do when coming up with a game plan? Tell their guy ignore the areas where they can dominate the opponent and instead purposely do the one thing that would give the other guy any chance to win?

Like i said, no half-assing it on Sherdog

It seems that the game plans that come out of the Jackson camp tend to be safer. More maintaining dominance then exploiting it. I'm not criticizing the results, only the entertainment value.

Your forgetting that Gustafsson and Cormier are MUCH tougher fights than he had at the beginning. They would run through most of Jones' opposition too. Imagine how Cormier vs Shogun or Sonnen would go.... yikes.

Jones loses too many rounds. GSP had a pretty crazy streak there for awhile.

It seems that the game plans that come out of the Jackson camp tend to be safer. More maintaining dominance then exploiting it. I'm not criticizing the results, only the entertainment value.

Jones finished Sonnen, Belfort, Machida, Rampage, and Rua

But when fighting number one contenders (minus Sonnen) for years, you are fighting obviously very talented, elite fighters. If the finish is there then you take it. You don't chase it in championship fights with legacy building defense streaks and GOAT resume building. Especially if you don't think there is any chance of getting it. DC has never been finished. Yet swinging wildly opens someone up to the TD. It wouldn't have been smart to chase the finish. I think Jones has been plenty entertaining. To beat the guys he has beat is amazing. They can't all be finishes on top of it.

Drunk substance in here like "BUT AM I WRONG? TELL I'M WRONG!"

not to take anything away from GSP but he is fighting tougher and better comp imo

Back