Is Jones bad for the UFC financially?

GSP has as much charisma as a paper cup. His PPV's sold like hot cakes, and not just in Canada, either, so you can't say it's just b/c he's Canadian.

Apparently, based on your argument GSP was quite popular. Hence, charismatic.

He sells ppvs and puts butts in the seats.

UFC needs to adopt a loser policy, once you lose a championship fight, you are dropped out of the UFC. Why keep losers around. There are a lot of new talent out there, UFC needs to work harder at getting new fighters and clean out all the losers they have in their ranks.

Dakotaman

Yeah. They should have cut those bums GSP and Cain! Losing a title shot is for losers. It's always downhill after that.

People will pay to see if the challenger can beat him. He will sell even when he is the John Cena of the UFC.

UFC needs to adopt a loser policy, once you lose a championship fight, you are dropped out of the UFC. Why keep losers around. There are a lot of new talent out there, UFC needs to work harder at getting new fighters and clean out all the losers they have in their ranks.

Dakotaman

Brilliant first post, bjorn

What company wants a winner or a winning identifiable product.

Apparently, based on your argument GSP was quite popular. Hence, charismatic.

GSP was very popular. Being popular does not automatically make you charismatic. And being charismatic does not automatically make you popular. Charisma is a personality trait. Mother Teresa was very popular, but charisma is not one of her attributes.

Dakotaman
yeah, great idea. they should of cut GSP after the loss to serra instead of having a rematch that made money.

GSP was very popular. Being popular does not automatically make you charismatic. And being charismatic does not automatically make you popular. Charisma is a personality trait. Mother Teresa was very popular, but charisma is not one of her attributes.

When Mother Teresa spoke, she emphatically moved people to her cause. If you can't see that as a sign of charisma, your education has failed you. I don't mean that as an insult but as a rational observation.

Dakotaman

I get both your point and your humor.

I see TS isn't even going to wait for the PPV estimates before making outlandish claims.

You make a good point, except for the fact that I didn't make a claim and I wasn't talking about last night's fight. I asked a question and another specific one about whether people would want to see another one or two go-rounds with the same guys he beat the first time. People want to see a rematch with Gustafson, but are they gonna order the PPV for another

Cormier/Teixeira/Sonnen/Belfort/Evans/Machida/Jackson/Rua/Bader set of fights?

Although there are other light heavyweights he could fight, #3 Anthony Johnson, #5 Phil Davis, #8 Ovince Saint Preux, #9 Dan Henderson, #10 Jimi Manuwa, #12 Rafael Cavalcante, #13 Fabio Maldonado, #14 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and #15 Patrick Cummins but I have to think that they would have a hard time generating hype for most of those, outside of Johnson and Davis.

Last edited:
Dana says they did 750k buys last night, so...

But that was with undefeated Cormier. How will they do when he goes against Dan Henderson or Rashad Evans for the second time - can they get people excited about fighters not named Anthony Johnson or Phil Evans possibly beating him? But I suppose some new light heavyweights could emerge that can test him better than the old guard did.

allegedly this PPV sold more than the 4-5 PPVs before it combined.

Yes, that sounds very bad financially in my expert opinion.

I wanna see Jones go full heel and denounce god in the octagon and embrace the evil within.

As a young fan seeing Jon Jones keep winning makes me more interested in his fights

I think it might be close to million and he's going to be a huge draw now that he's embraced the heel role.

I hope he keeps it up and this isn't a one-time thing.

Imagine if he beats Gus again and says something like he did tonight at the post fight interview lol

I hope he keeps it up and this isn't a one-time thing.

Imagine if he beats Gus again and says something like he did tonight at the post fight interview lol

He just starts reading all of Gus's emo tweets at the presser lol

Back