Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

Jones isn't a 39 year old, out of shape K1 fighter.

If Jone shot could JDS consistently stop him? I don't think he could.

True, Jones is not anywhere near as good as Mark Hunt in standup or boxing technique. His boxing looks like maybe he has been in it for 3 years part time, after school.

The take downs are the interesting thing about the fight, as is with anyone who takes on JDS, if you can't take him down or threaten it very good, your losing the standup.

You should have just typed "bullshit" that would have been the equivalent of your post.

No, you're bullshit. Are you not understanding any comments that have sound reasoning to them? Answer his fucking question lol What he said is the REALITY of how the fight would more than likely turn out lol

Never go full retard.... This is not about "jones hate", no, this is about sensible concrete logic if thee two would fight, but you won't take off your freaking JJ goggles and look at things from both sides. You are almost as bad as "theone" and "hg063", almost.

Last edited:
I had to look at the date when this was created, I can't believe this is a serious question.

Jones can't touch JDS. Could never take him down, and could never trade with him. The boxing of Dos Santos is on another level, and Jones can't make it anything besides a boxing match. Cigano by KO, probably round 1. Even if bones landed his best shots, Junior would just eat it and laugh man. The guy is a beast with a granite chin, amazing takedown defense, tons of heart, nasty power, and the best hands in the division.

junior-dos-santos_fabricio-werdum.gif

jds.gif

What's Jones going to do?

Last edited:
You don't know what the defintion of flair is.

I'm going to explain to you what Swag & Flair means.

Swag is a Scottish word for someone who walks with arrogance. That's the original meaning.

Flair means unpredictable

Thank you for the history lesson on the use of two common slang words used for "coolness"

If you're coming off as intelligent as you're trying to make it seem why not just say unpredictable.

Why don't I say that Jones is also gay, and then correct "imbeciles" when they tell me he isn't homosexual by referencing that gay actually stands for jolly or happy.

I can't take this fight seriously. JDS is just far too powerful for Jones and the breakdown doesn't need to be any more scientific than that.

Slower? Less explosive? Are you shitting me?

JDS outweighs him & is clearly slower in all aspects.

I meant slower and less explosive to what he is now. And the jones you saw fight Gus is better than what you'd see at hw

I think it's the other way around....jds is a bad match up for jones

It's stupid, he already walks around at about 230.... LOL people act like 30lb more he'll turn into a superhuman Goliath, thats bs lol He'll be bigger, but that's it lol not MUCH bigger either, and still with weak power. People think that if he came up to 240 he'd stomp everyone, my ass lol The difference will be minute, if not worse for Bones.

Pretty much....i think he would do far worse at HW then where he is now

Thank you for the history lesson on the use of two common slang words used for "coolness"

If you're coming off as intelligent as you're trying to make it seem why not just say unpredictable.

Why don't I say that Jones is also gay, and then correct "imbeciles" when they tell me he isn't homosexual by referencing that gay actually stands for jolly or happy.

Oh man, I actually lol'd.

I think Jones matches well with JDS. JDS has a footwork, power & hands advantage, but Jones has more advantages.

Wrestling, top game, agility, flair, kick boxing.

I think Jones could beat JDS, not because I think Jones would be dominant at HW. I just think he matches up with JDS well.

On the other hand I think he matches up badly with Cain. Not because I think Cain is better than JDS, I don't, I think JDS & Cain are a brilliant mesh of styles. I just think Cains style with him being a bigger wrestler with amazing cardio would be a nightmare for Jones.

if jones trys to land any kick other then those knee side-kicks, hell probably eat an overhand right. jds has really good takedown defense and stays on the outside just like gus, so i can see jds keeping it standing because jones isnt the type of fighter to press forward like cain and chael.

this is actually the worst matchup for jones. jds by KO.

cain vs jones is a tough one to call though, would love to see who would win that.

/edit jus read TS posts, i think were getting trolled lol

Last edited:
Jones' biggest weakness is his boxing. Dos Santos would quickly exploit that and end him. Jon should stay at 205 or he will acquire some losses.

JDS's hand speed is a sight to behold. His overhand right is stupidly fast. Excellent TDD, granite chin...this is a bad matchup for Jones. If Gustaffson gave Jones that much trouble at LHW, I see Jones having even more trouble at HW with JDS

Of course, a big factor is Jones' body at heavyweight. Is he going to be a 240lb or 260lb HW. How will his speed and cardio be affected? How much power will he gain?

lol oops read that wrong dont mind me

also JDS would kill JBJ and Gus' lets stop acting like those two would have a chance lol

Jds is a worse matchup for Jones than Cain. Jds wins by tko due to strikes within 3 rounds.

Jones doesn't have ko power standing. He didn't show great boxing defense or hands against gusto. His tds from the clinch don't work as well on strong, taller opponents with good movement.

Back