Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

JDS would kill Jones.

He couldn't get Gus down, he won't get JDS down. JDS is also Jones height and far more powerfully built with fantastic TDD.

He also has quick hands and throws absolute thunder.

To make matters worse, he eats bombs from heavyweights no problem.

JDS is every man in the UFC's nightmare except maybe Cain Valesquez.

My opinion has not changed since the Gus fight, but its even clearer.

so much jones hate. If jbj moved up to hw he'd be a bigger heavy. He's around 220 225 not cutting. Give him a 6 to 9 month window to gain and he'd be up in the mid 230 to 245. Give him more time and he could easy be 250 260 area. Then his reach, age, and length would come into play. I think he'd take jds out with a sub, but who knows.

No, he couldn't. Jones would weight more & would commit more, huge difference.

JDS stopped 6 of Cain's TDs in the first round and 22 TDs overall even when he was getting the shit beat out of him. He would weigh more but does it matter since him and JDS still would be around the same weight. Jones was about equaled in weight with Gus and he got 1 TD in the fifth round when Gus was drained. Whether he would commit more is something that we cannot measure.

Man, I think that if Jones can't get that fight to the ground, he's going to get hurt. I think Jones would have to really put on some muscle to compete at HW. Those guys are not only big, but fast and have another level of power.

the key for JBJ is move fast all the time and keep his hands up, 1 hand is all JDS needs to ko him.

No, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I go by style, form & record.

Not last fight.

Nobody in this thread strikes me as a bandwagoner. Not even you.

Both JDS and Jones have been in this for quite a few years now.

Both have impressive records.

As for style and form, well, that's where JDS' strenghts come into play. Great TDD, powerful hands, iron chin and speed that simply doesn't belong in the heavyweight division. I'd even argue he's faster than Gustafsson and a lot of LHWs.

Jones is flashy but doesn't pack a punch. He relies on takedown + elbows and that just wouldn't be enough.

You can see the sheep in this thread who go by trend.

Jones close decision to Gus

JDS KO Hunt

This is Sherdog in a nutshell. The guy who was more impressive in his last fight is better. If a fighter doesn't look dominant he will lose to insert fighter: even if his style matches up.

On Sherdog style means nothing, you're only as good as your last fight.

No, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I go by style, form & record.

Not last fight.

Jones style is ranged kicks, elbows and wrestling. He can't take down JDS. He couldn't KO Dos Santos if he was wearing brass knuckles. He can't take a punch from JDS. How do you think he could win? Unless Dos Santos slips and injures himself I don't think its even possible for Jones to win

Jones style is ranged kicks, elbows and wrestling. He can't take down JDS. He couldn't KO Dos Santos if he was wearing brass knuckles. He can't take a punch from JDS. How do you think he could win? Unless Dos Santos slips and injures himself I don't think its even possible for Jones to win

You should have just typed "bullshit" that would have been the equivalent of your post.

You should have just typed "bullshit" that would have been the equivalent of your post.

You still haven't answered how Jones would takedown JDS consistently when he couldn't do the same to a smaller Gus. And please no "well he would gain 30 pounds of muscle and be da strongest evah!!!1"

I think Jones matches well with JDS. JDS has a footwork, power & hands advantage, but Jones has more advantages.

Wrestling, top game, agility, flair, kick boxing.

I think Jones could beat JDS, not because I think Jones would be dominant at HW. I just think he matches up with JDS well.

On the other hand I think he matches up badly with Cain. Not because I think Cain is better than JDS, I don't, I think JDS & Cain are a brilliant mesh of styles. I just think Cains style with him being a bigger wrestler with amazing cardio would be a nightmare for Jones.

Wanna add in swag for an advantage as well?

JDS is a terrible match for Jones.

Think Gustafsson with 1 Shot KO power and better stamina.

Jones would get finished within 3 Rd's.

Wanna add in swag for an advantage as well?

JDS is a terrible match for Jones.

Think Gustafsson with 1 Shot KO power and better stamina.

Jones would get finished within 3 Rd's.

You don't know what the defintion of flair is.

I'm going to explain to you what Swag & Flair means.

Swag is a Scottish word for someone who walks with arrogance. That's the original meaning.

Flair means unpredictable

You can see the sheep in this thread who go by trend.

Jones close decision to Gus

JDS KO Hunt

This is Sherdog in a nutshell. The guy who was more impressive in his last fight is better. If a fighter doesn't look dominant he will lose to insert fighter: even if his style matches up.

On Sherdog style means nothing, you're only as good as your last fight.

See, now you're just outing yourself with the trolling. Even before Jones-Gus and JDS-Hunt people always acknowledged the fact that JDS had great stylistic advantages over Jones. This is absolutely not a matter of "you're only as good as your last fight".

JDS is the worst possible match up for Jones at HW, IMO.

Sherdog said it! So it must be true, because Sherdog isn't the kind of place to jump to conclusions after any fight.

Wtf are you talking about? Are you In a sense saying that everyone at Sherdog is stupid and not one person here is unbiased towards Jones and voted on that poll? Man you just took a shit on everyone here like their vote doesn't matter. Reality still has it, their votes matter and many of the voters here have a good solid basis for picking JDS...fuck outta here with your bias shit.

with the same sentiment as all the other hundred or so comments... Jones would be a lifeless bag of bones after JDS KO's him.

It's impossible to predict how bulked-up JoJo will perform. We don't know; *he* doesn't even know. If he trades in his chicken legs for tree trunks, he could be formidable.

It's stupid, he already walks around at about 230.... LOL people act like 30lb more he'll turn into a superhuman Goliath, thats bs lol He'll be bigger, but that's it lol not MUCH bigger either, and still with weak power. People think that if he came up to 240 he'd stomp everyone, my ass lol The difference will be minute, if not worse for Bones.

Back