Is Jon Fitch Hall of Fame Material????

The UFC hall of fame is about dumb favoritism, and we all know how much Dana dislikes Fitch.. "lololo draw with a lightweight".

He's a legend to me, he's beaten a who's who of the WW division except GSP. I hope they induct him even if he doesn't win the title.

The UFC hall of fame is about dumb favoritism, and we all know how much Dana dislikes Fitch.. "lololo draw with a lightweight".

Wait, are we talking about an MMA Hall of Fame or just the dinky UFC Hall of Dana???

UFC Hall of Fame?
Who cares.

MMA Hall of Fame?
No...

Fitch is a "borderline" MMA HOFer but I guess it depends on how exclusive you want the MMA HOF.

Repost:

Who are your "borderline" MMA Hall of Famers on the outside looking in? The fighters who are close but you would NOT select for the MMA Hall of Fame induction (not talking about the "UFC" HoF).

Retired or Not retired, assume ANY fighter is ELIGIBLE as of TODAY.

LOCKS: Ken Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Severn, Igor, Coleman, Minotauro, Fedor
CroCop
In/Out, who is your cut-off?
Josh Barnett
Cigano
Fabricio Werdum
Alistair Overeem
Frank Mir
Don Frye
---------------------
Tim Sylvia
Andrei Arlovski
Mark Kerr
Pedro Rizzo
Semmy Schilt
Tank Abbott/Brok Lesner/Bob Sapp

LOCKS: Funaki, Frank Shamrock, Wanderlei, Tito, Chuck, Vitor, Couture, Hendo, Rampage, Shogun, Jon Jones
Ricardo Arona
Lyoto Machida
---------------------
Renato Sobral
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffin
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

LOCKS: Sakuraba, Anderson
Rich Franklin
---------------------
Evan Tanner
Chael Sonnen
Yuki Kondo
Nate Marquardt
Kiyoshi Tamura
Paulo Filho
Murilo Bustamante
Yushin Okami
Jeremy Horn
Matt Lindland
Gegard Mousasi
Ikuhisa Minowa
Michael Bisping

LOCKS: Royce, Miletich, Hughes, GSP
---------------------
Jon Fitch <--- Borderline HOFer
Jake Shields
Nick Diaz
Josh Koscheck
Hayato Sakurai
Carlos Condit
Sean Sherk
Dave Menne
Matt Serra
Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons
Martin Kampmann
Diego Sanchez
Frank Trigg
Robbie Lawler

LOCKS: BJ, Gomi, Aoki
Gilbert Melendez
Frankie Edgar
Jens Pulver
---------------------
Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Clay Guida
Joachim Hansen
Gray Maynard
Eddie Alvarez
Kenny Florian
Genki Sudo
Caol Uno

LOCKS: Kid, Mamoru, Urijah, Jose Aldo
Miguel Angel Torres
Dominick Cruz
---------------------
Alexandre "Pequeno" Franca Nogueira
Hatsu Hioki
Mike Brown
Joseph Benavidez
Yasuhiro Urushitani

No. If UFC would induct Jon Fitch level guys, in like 50 years or so, there would be way too many people in the HoF. Even if every champion would be inducted, there would be way too many.

It should take something special to get inducted into HoF. Years of dominance or huge influence to the sport.just being good is not enough for HoF in my opinion.

definitely deserves it. he was bouncing around #2 and #3 WW for the longest time. he's lost to almost no one.

^^^ Royce Gracie, and Ken Shamrock never won championships (although they did win tournaments and/or Super Fights). Also, Dana White has said Dan Henderson is a all-but-guaranteed UFC HOF'er, despite no UFC belt (he had 2 Pride belts, though).

Also, considering that Dana White has said he sees Forrest Griffin as a future UFC HOF'er (with one close decision win for a belt), it doesn't look exactly hard to get in. Granted, that fight with Bonnar (by Forrest) help make the UFC explode in popularity, but when compared to Jon Fitch's resume, I'd say Jon Fitch's resume is more impressive.

well you can consider winning the early tourneys as being a champion, since it was a different format than they have now... i also dont think shamrock has a place in the HOF, although the early people will tend to get in a bit easier

One of the best to never hold a belt. If Florian or someone of his caliber gets in then Fitch deserves a spot.

One of the best to never hold a belt. If Florian or someone of his caliber gets in then Fitch deserves a spot.

Yeah I was thinking about Florian as well. I may be wrong but wasnt Chris Lytle up for discussion?

Jackie-chan-meme.png

OP, you can't be serious..... You must have a hidden agenda, like secretly trying to boost Georges' record, otherwise I fail to see your logic. Jon Fitch received a regular beatdown by the champ in his division, then Hendricks knocked the snot out him in a matter of minutes, his snooze-inducing style is not very fan friendly, he usually doesn't take a lot of risks, plus he never held a major belt. I mean, what in the blue hell is this?

Last edited:
Jackie-chan-meme.png

OP, you can't be serious..... You must have a hidden agenda like boosting Georges' record otherwise I fail to see your logic.

Why wouldnt I be serious? Jon Fitch is actually one of the most skilled MMA fighters of all time.

Fitch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brock

He's neither a champion, popular with the fans or liked by management, the guy is not a hall of famer, he's an also ran

Yeah I was thinking about Florian as well. I may be wrong but wasnt Chris Lytle up for discussion?

Lytle IMO deserves it. Maybe not the best guy not to get a belt but, was damn sure the most entertaining. Honorable mention to Lauzon.

Why wouldnt I be serious? Jon Fitch is actually one of the most skilled MMA fighters of all time.

from my edit above:

You must have a hidden agenda, like secretly trying to boost Georges' record, otherwise I fail to see your logic. Jon Fitch received a regular beatdown by the champ in his division, then Hendricks knocked the snot out him in a matter of minutes, his snooze-inducing style is not very fan friendly, he usually doesn't take a lot of risks, plus he never held a major belt. I mean, what in the blue hell is this?

He's a solid fighter.Nothing more, nothing less.

Lytle IMO deserves it. Maybe not the best guy not to get a belt but, was damn sure the most entertaining. Honorable mention to Lauzon.

I think if Lytle can be in the HOF for being exciting, Fitch can be in the HOF for skill.

If he were to retire today? No.

Matt Serra > Jon Fitch ( when talking hall of fame, not who the best fighetr is)

His carreer is not over yet though.

Back