Is Joaquin Pheonix a good actor?

If you have any doubts about Joaquin's acting ability just watch We Own The Night. Such an unheralded great movie, one of my top 10s

That was some gig he was pulling. For a few years.

Not sure to what end, but he was putting on the weirdo act.
It was part of hoax/movie he was making called I'm Still Here. It's a weird but interesting movie.

I have only seen him in a couple of films but I remember being impressed enough.
Also, I want to add that Signs is an underrated movie!

Dude is great and really versatile. Can play the sniveling wimp in Gladiator, The Man in Black himself as Cash and basically any other role you put him in.

This is my favorite story of his about meeting Cash prior to playing him.

Yes, he is a good actor.

But every time I see him in a movie, I always wonder how River would've turned out. He was the more talented of the two.

His acting chop is unquestionably great, though the decision to do a mockumentary and act all weird for a long time for it was a strange decision.

Since questioning the abilities of actors seems to be a sherdog trend lately. I personally think he's underrated.
He was astonishing in The Master.

Easily his greatest performance.

His acting chop is unquestionably great, though the decision to do a mockumentary and act all weird for a long time for it was a strange decision.

Although since that point his career has definitely improved, basically given up trying to become a conventional filmstar and picked more interesting roles like The Master, Her, Inherent Vice and You Were Never Really Here.

If you have any doubts about Joaquin's acting ability just watch We Own The Night. Such an unheralded great movie, one of my top 10s

Definately one of his best earlier roles, the disparity in acting ability between him and Wahlberg was rather embarrassing.

Wow, not one mention of Clay Pigeons...

I love that movie, has tongue n cheek/dark humor...Also has Vince Vaugh in it...A must see if you like Joaquin at all

Back