Is Jim Harbarf a failed expirament at U of M?

Is it over for Jimbaugh?

• Total voters
I feel like Harbaugh would do better if he ditched the wired headset and joined the digital age. Kind of said seeing a wire man following him around all game. That's got to be hazardous to the rest of the staff and team! Lol

It’s been four years. Harbaugh tends to wear out his welcome after three. So he’s overdue to be ran out of town.

They were losing a few years before he got there and he has winning records since so no

They were losing a few years before he got there and he has winning records since so no
And again, you didn't read the OP. It's got nothing to do with win percentage. Brady Hoke had a winning record too. The point is, Harbaugh is paid more than double. And can't even compete with Ohio State, let alone win the conference.

I just can NOT stop laughing at the typo in the title of this thread.

And again, you didn't read the OP. It's got nothing to do with win percentage. Brady Hoke had a winning record too. The point is, Harbaugh is paid more than double. And can't even compete with Ohio State, let alone win the conference.

You're an idiot if you think 4 years is long enough to compete with Ohio State. PJ Fleck just got an extension because he's found success and the revolving door of coaching rarely works out.

You're an idiot if you think 4 years is long enough to compete with Ohio State. PJ Fleck just got an extension because he's found success and the revolving door of coaching rarely works out.
When a college pays a coach the third highest salary in the country, they’re making it clear they want quick results. The point isn’t he’s a bad coach. The point, once again, is that he’s paid to be a top coach but they’re still a ways from being a top team.

It's not just Ohio State though.

When a college pays a coach the third highest salary in the country, they’re making it clear they want quick results. The point isn’t he’s a bad coach. The point, once again, is that he’s paid to be a top coach but they’re still a ways from being a top team.

I don't give a shit what they want, it's not feasible.

Michigan pretending that they're entitled to being a national powerhouse is the failure. They win a lot more than they lose under Harbaugh. Expecting more is just Michigan blowing itself pretending it's 50 years ago when only a handful of teams were relevant.

I don't give a shit what they want, it's not feasible.
Neither is getting paid the $ he does to get destroyed by a Wisconsin team with only 9 blue chip players.

And yet so many more blue chippers than Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has harder academic standards, so yeah. Wisconsin got Barry Alvarez and turned that whole program around. They also are a school who contends and makes the Sweet 16 in basketball.

Wisconsin has harder academic standards, so yeah. Wisconsin got Barry Alvarez and turned that whole program around. They also are a school who contends and makes the Sweet 16 in basketball.
Is that you, Jim?

I think the fact he's no better or worse than a bunch of other coaches is exactly the point. He's paid 7.5 million/year, third highest of all coaches. Not winning a title or even making the playoffs is bad enough. But priority #1 at Michigan is the Ohio Stage game. And that's been a dismal failure. I don't think anyone would say he's a bad coach. But I don't see how the results are worth the salary they're paying him.

I kind of agree with this. Then again, there’s only a handful of coaches with name brand style notoriety. I think Michigan paid the extra money for that more than his ability to win. Michigan thought he could become the Bo.

Remember when Jim Kelly called him out during their NFL days for pretending to be rattled during a game in the hopes of being called tough?

They were a few bad plays from making the playoffs. Fucked punts and shit. That was in the first few years.

There has been QB regression. Don't know why. Still a good coach in a cold place that kids no longer really want to play in.

Back