Is Jeff Meszaros a big name in BJJ?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am from Vancouver B.C and I personally live close to his gym. So its weird to just find out he has a school in my area since I assumed he was a BJJ/MMA journalist.

Here is him interviewing Joe Riggs:

Hi. I just noticed this post. I'm not on this forum very much. That's probably why it lists me as a white belt. Actually, I got my black belt in BJJ in 2008.

Yeah, I was an MMA journalist for a while. I worked for Bodog and Full Contact Fighter, as well as many more. Now I amuse myself by writing my own blog. You can read it at www.jeffjitsu.com

Am I a big name in BJJ? I think I'm known pretty well locally. I competed quite a bit back in the day and now I referee at some of the local tournaments. I also teach in West Vancouver. You can find out more about me at www.westvanbjj.com on the instructor page.

Come by anytime and say hello. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions!

Thanks

I've trained with Jeff before a few times, nice guy really good jiu jitsu.

Jeff has one of the best BJJ blogs on the ol' interwebs.

I thought he was a very senior member of the scientology inner circle. Curious

Jiu Jitsu is a kind of small community so I don't really know what your measuring stick for "a big name" is. I'll say he's a very good instructor, a smart guy, has a great sense of humour, and is fun to roll with. I lived on the opposite side of Vancouver from his new school after he split off from Marc and NVBJJ so I didn't get to train with him often in recent years, but always had a good time rolling with him when I got the chance.

Back