Is JDS now ahead of Cain in all time rankings?

StraightleftKO

2 belt champion
@Brown
Reaction score
Since Cain is allergic to fighting is JDS now ahead of him? I mean his resume is more impressive and he has beaten better competition than Cain has. Take away Cain's win over JDS twice and his resume is really weak.

Fedor
Big Nog
JDS
Cro Cop
Sylvia

i see where your coming from, but dude its really hard to argue JDS being over Cain when Cain took his soul twice, also your list has sylvia but not werdum, you know the guy that submitted big nog fedor and cain

i see where your coming from, but dude its really hard to argue JDS being over Cain when Cain took his soul twice, also your list has sylvia but not werdum, you know the guy that submitted big nog fedor and cain

Sylvia defended his belt twice though. Something Werdum couldn't do. Sylvia is UFC HW GOAT.

he literally always was. Cain has never been over Junior. You can argue it's a Fedor/Nogueira thing, where Nogueira has better wins but Fedor has the wins over Nogueira, but JDS also beat Cain and has a waaaaaay better resume outside of that. Cain has JDS and Bigfoot on his resume, and that's it.

Sylvia defended his belt twice though. Something Werdum couldn't do. Sylvia is UFC HW GOAT.

Title defenses against Jeff Monson and Gan McGee don't really mean much of anything. Sylvia is underrated, but the fact is that he is low top 10, absolutely not top 5 whereas Werdum is a lock at number 3.

by that logic Cain is too, he defended his belt twice in one reign as well, Sylvia doesn't belong sorry, especially considering his 9 second loss to ray mercer (a former boxer)

No.. he Zombified JDS for 3 fucking years.

cain-7.gif

he literally always was. Cain has never been over Junior. You can argue it's a Fedor/Nogueira thing, where Nogueira has better wins but Fedor has the wins over Nogueira, but JDS also beat Cain and has a waaaaaay better resume outside of that. Cain has JDS and Bigfoot on his resume, and that's it.
I've always thought the same thing

Velasquez has no good wins beside JDS and Bigfoot on his résumé but Fedor has the wins over Nogueira. Well, except for Werdum, Velasquez has beat everyone the UFC ever put in front of him, so I guess in your view the organisation has done him a disservice with poor matchmaking.

One-on-one. No. Historically. Yes - JDS has a far superior resume.

Arguably. He holds a win over the Glass one, and has some really great wins under his belt. The Glass one does have 2 very dominant wins over Junior though. However, he never fights. It's arguable

Back