Is JBL amongst the great WWE/F champions?

Good heel champ. His gimmick fit his personality and was relevant to the time, had a good entrance, cut a good promo, could consistently draw heat, and his in-ring shit looked believable. I wouldn't call him an ATG, but def a good heel.

Not the greats, but I would definitely have him far up from the bottom.
He switched his whole gimmick around and went from being a lifelong mid carder to one of the most monster heels seen imo.
Also isn't he the guy Cena beat to win his first world championship??

I don't think JBL gets enough credit imo and people largely under rate him. He was put into a position where everyone expected him to fail and by all means he excelled.

Also I honestly can't think of anyone else who was a well known mid-carder for as long as he was, go through such a drastic change and go on a run like he did.
Most wrestlers who try this fail incredibly hard, lol remember lord tensai?

His gimmick just got stale near the end due to the fact he was getting shoved down your throat every fucking Thursday or whenever it was smack down was on at the time.

No. Despite having a long reign he still felt like a transitional champion.

He definitely was - he is like Chris Weidman in many ways.
Came around when all the greats were getting old and WWE needed to build stars and had no one, but the man he dropped the belt too became one of the ATG''s in John cena.

So meh for what it's worth he may have been a transitional champ, but one of the best damn ones to ever be. Man turned lemons into lemonade, can't fault him for that.

I would take JBL over most guys of today as well lol he can actually draw heat from a crowd and was a genuinely unlikeable dude

No

I wish Eddie could handle the pressure of being champion. I would've loved a long Eddie run then drop it to Cena at 21.

He really pissed me off during his tenure as champion. Maybe cause I was young and also because he was champ for a year or close to it. I can appreciate his ability to get heat. I'm not sure if he could do the same thing in this time of 'smarter' fans.

In ring he was your average big guy but the Clothesline from Hell was pretty hype.

Thoughts?
8u6Wb1d.gif

Of what I vaguely recall is that he had a good gimmick. Is he among the greats, not for me. A B-level champ like Trips.

No, I never liked his matches, I never thought he was a great wrestler, a lot of clotheslines and punches and forearms, but not a lot else. He was better for tag team where someone else can do a lot of the moves

One of the weakest champs ever. He was better in APA, just because it was a lot of walking to ring and doing 2 clothselines and then going out again, without doing any 15+ minute match

He really pissed me off during his tenure as champion. Maybe cause I was young and also because he was champ for a year or close to it. I can appreciate his ability to get heat. I'm not sure if he could do the same thing in this time of 'smarter' fans.

In ring he was your average big guy but the Clothesline from Hell was pretty hype.

Thoughts?
Fans were pretty smarky in his day too. Kayfabe was long dead so I'd give him some credit for getting heat. Part of it might have been his bad reputation backstage melting into dislike for his character but he definitely did a good job. Part of it also might have been the fact that he interrupted the reign of a beloved wrestler in Eddie Guerrero. Smart fans loved Guerrero even more than most, probably and so I'm sure no shortage became marks willing or not when Bradshaw went over him.

I thought he had a lot of nice touches, such as selling the obnoxious gimmicks of other heels, for example, bowing to King Booker as if he was truly royalty.

I think there is a lot to like about Bradshaw's in-ring ability. As you said, that lariat is a monster. But he also put on good, exciting matches. He came off like a big, mean s.o.b. who did his best to take people's heads off. You could believe in his matches and that to me, is the most important thing.

His title Riegn lasted longer than it should have,should have lose the belt to booker t

Absolutely not. It was the SD title at the time and the only reason he had it is because HHH was on Raw.

No

I wish Eddie could handle the pressure of being champion. I would've loved a long Eddie run then drop it to Cena at 21.
Man I remember this was around the time I got into the forums and stuff. Reading reports about Eddie not wanting to be champ sucked.

I remember there was a small rumor that they were thinking about putting the strap on Booker but went with jbl instead. Was there any validity to the rumour? Who knows but damn I would've rather had Booker than jbl.

Lol fuck no.

He never should have been more than an IC/tag team champ.

Back