Is Jake Ellenburger done?!

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I used to be extremely high on Burger. I was sure he was going to be a title contender.. Then well, he started losing every fight without even throwing back

What happened to him? He lost a ton of muscle mass, I've heard rumors that his knees are completely fucked up. I think pretty much everyone wrote him off..

But he just had a solid top 10 win last night.. That body kick was fucking brutal..

If you had to bet on his next fights.. Do you think this was just a fluke, or is he fixing whatever problems were causing those horrible performances he had?

he almost punched Matts head off last night, had to deal with some moments where it looked like he might fold under pressure.... and still won by stoppage due to a nasty bodykick

no, I dont think he's done. I think this is exactly the type of win he needs to get back to his monstrous ways of near decapitating people

No one win after a string of losses proves nothing. If you look at his recent results it's clear he's done and last night was most likely an outlier. He puts two more together then you'll know if he's back.

oghamburglar-hed-2015.png

I think he's done as a top contender but can still put on good fights. To be honest, If they fought tomorrow, I think Matt Brown would still be the favorite. Ellenberger landed two big shots to take the fight but he looked to me like he was already fading before kicking Brown in the Cerrone.

He will lose his next fight, and probably the next if he still hasn't retired.

He looked sharp. After Brown survived that first knockdown and started closing in, I thought Ellenberger was done. That kick was placed/timed beautifully.

He should get winner of Magny /Larkin

Give him more brawlers and he'll be fine.

He definitely has a sick ass beard

He used to be one of the most explosive white boys, almost like a white Woodley. He seems really small for a modern WW now.

I'm curious, with the knee rumors, if he can still wrestle. He got thrown around by Wonderboy, so perhaps that is an issue and he's going to have to become a straight brawler like late career Fedor.

It's a mental thing for him. He has good wrestling d good power and showed last night he has some good kicks as well. The mental part seems to be holding him back. I have my reasons as to why but don't really want to get yellow carded.

Back