Is Jake Ellenberger The Welterweight Michael Bisping?

No, you have really bad reading comprehension, I said that Bisping has a good jab, you brought up reach, then gave examples of guys that have good reach but don't use it well. I then brought up Struve to point out that just because someone has a reach advantage doesn't mean they use it well to point out that your examples were bad.

I have bad comprehension yet you're saying that I'm calling a fight between Ellenberger/Bisping. Condit and Pyle use their reach well, a response to you saying they don't. You're reading so far into this dude.

Nah, its a pointless discussion. Bisping would be the favourite over Ellenberger at 185 lbs, and not even Jake would discuss that lol.

Fair enough. Was never calling a fight between the two, but fair enough.

I have bad comprehension yet you're saying that I'm calling a fight between Ellenberger/Bisping. Condit and Pyle use their reach well, a response to you saying they don't. You're reading so far into this dude.

You did.

No they don't, they have a hard time maintaining distance and get caught with big punches from guys with short reaches all the time.

Bisping would not get a chance to outstrike Ellenberger at all. Doesn't nearly have the size and length advantage that Rory does which partly contributed to his win. Jake closes the distance very well and can put Bisping out in a flash.

You implied that Bisping wouldn't get the chance to outstrike Ellenberger because he would get KOed early. So you have bad reading comprehension and a very short memory.

Article is retarded... Jake E beat Shields who was ranked top5 at the time, with a TKO finish... Bisbing has NEVER beaten any top guy equivalent in his 7 years in the org. Terrible article...

I think that they are closer in fighting style than they are in career paths, and they fight nothing alike. Jake is 29 years old and he is 8-2 in his last 10 with one of those losses being as close to a win as possible. Bisping is 6-4 in his last 10 and he's 35 years old. Bisping is probably 4 wins away from a title shot and only has a couple years left to do it. Jake probably needs two wins to get a title shot and he has a much better shot at beating the top 5 WWs than Bisping has of beating anyone in the top 10 at MW. I think the article is ridiculous and picked two guys that are NOTHING alike to compare. They are both fighters in the UFC and that is about it.

Jake actually has top ten wins. If anything it's DHK.

No because bisping has never been that pathetic in a fight

Jake vs Rory

the same punching power.
same accent.
yup they are the same.

did not read :icon_twis

Jake can beat any WW in the world, no questions asked. He has the skills and proper camp to go along with it. Bisping can't wrestle against high level opponents, and has absolutely no power.

Btw Ellenberger would kill Bisping.

I actually think Bisping would jab him in the face ala Rory for 15 minutes. Jake hadn't shown he has any answer for that as of yet. Bisping arguably should have been given the decision against Sonnen, a pretty good wrestler at MW.

Watch Jake vs Condit to refresh your memories, he almost took Condit's head off. Serious power, albeit a tad inconsistent. Always thought he could be a contender, just needs to keep his head on straight and put it together out in the cage. Dude has all the tools to get to the top imo.

Jake actually has a top 10 win
Bisping does too, over Stann (then-ranked #10 lol)
Watch Jake vs Condit to refresh your memories, he almost took Condit's head off. Serious power, albeit a tad inconsistent.
Sometimes power just isn't enough. He is one of the least technical strikers at WW. If he can't get you to circle into his running left hook (as in his initial knockdown of Kampmann) then he pretty much relies on your standing bolt up-right in front of him like Condit did.

I love Condit but he doesn't exactly have good defense. Rory showed that Ellenberger can't put bombs on anybody who can keep him on the outside.

Last edited:
Ellenberger would fuck Bispings shit up sideways if they ever fought btw.

Ellenberger would fuck Bispings shit up sideways if they ever fought btw.
No, that's not necessarily guaranteed at all. Bisping would have the same reach advantage that Rory did (if not more, seeing as how he used to be a LHW), and would furthermore be looking to implement the same gameplan (jab and circle).

Seeing as how Ellenberger has shown almost no ability to hand-fight, slip or parry, it's really not a stretch to presume that Bisping would 30-27 Ellenberger without very much trouble.

No, that's not necessarily guaranteed at all. Bisping would have the same reach advantage that Rory did (if not more, seeing as how he used to be a LHW), and would furthermore be looking to implement the same gameplan (jab and circle).

Seeing as how Ellenberger has shown almost no ability to hand-fight, slip or parry, it's really not a stretch to presume that Bisping would 30-27 Ellenberger without very much trouble.

I agree, and said pretty much the same thing on previous pages. I think a Bisping vs Ellenberger fight is most likely to end in a 30-27 decision for Bisping or a late TKO after Bisping wears Jake down, most posters underestimate how much weight classes matter.

Most fighters aren't like Dan Henderson.

I like Jake more than Bisping but he would lose.

his brand has taken a real hit in the loss to Rory... which is unfair, Rory is a monster

I do not think it was his loss to Rory alone that caused his stock to drop. The problem fans have with Ellenberger in that fight is the manner of his loss. Rory made him look amateurish by controlling the range with jabs and kicks.

I do not think it was his loss to Rory alone that caused his stock to drop. The problem fans have with Ellenberger in that fight is the manner of his loss. Rory made him look amateurish by controlling the range with jabs and kicks.

Jake's fight IQ looked really bad in that fight, if he used more left hooks and his lead hand in general as well as kicks to the body and legs he would have done much better, it's strange he never adjusted and that his corner didn't tell him to use his lead hand more and kicks. Rory was begging to get kicked the way he was standing.

Back