Is it worse to get crushed, or to not show up for the fight?

More shame in getting waxed or not showing up?

• Total voters

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Basketball fans regularly debate/flame each other over whether a guy should try to block a dunk he has no chance of stopping, or just run away and avoid getting brutally posterized.

MMA has turned into a duckfest in the last few years. But there's a lot more physical risk as well to taking a fight where you are severely overmatched. So what say you?

As a fan - get wrecked. I like a good beating.
From a fighters perspective - gtfo

giphy.gif

If you don't show up, you'll be labeled a duck, the fans and UFC brass will hate you, you'll take no damage and you won't get paid

If you show up and get wrecked, you'll be labeled an overrated can, the fans and UFC brass will laugh at you, you'll take a lot of damage but you will get paid

It's a catch 22 neither choice is any good I think the best thing to do is to kill yourself because you suck as a fighter and there's nothing to look forward to in your life.

Fight...always, easier to live with a beating than knowing your a pussy..

If you don't show up, you'll be labeled a duck, the fans and UFC brass will hate you, you'll take no damage and you won't get paid

If you show up and get wrecked, you'll be labeled an overrated can, the fans and UFC brass will laugh at you, you'll take a lot of damage but you will get paid

It's a catch 22 neither choice is any good I think the best thing to do is to kill yourself because you suck as a fighter and there's nothing to look forward to in your life.

I hope Cunner sees and takes this advice, it’s solid

Basketball fans regularly debate/flame each other over whether a guy should try to block a dunk he has no chance of stopping, or just run away and avoid getting brutally posterized.

MMA has turned into a duckfest in the last few years. But there's a lot more physical risk as well to taking a fight where you are severely overmatched. So what say you?
TS, say your the HW champion of the ufc, and your next fight is against Daniel Cormier. Before the fight you're nervous, you're scared, & you don't know if you're going to win. Let's just say your skill set is non comparable to Daniels skill set but you are the champion. A real Champion steps into that octagon and you fight to win. Not back out for health concerns and safety reasons. I believe MMA is not the sport for Nicco Montaña. Perhaps it is, but she should be in the minor leagues

MMA is a FIGHTING sport, not a duck fest

Some people are the bug, some are the windshield

I thought it was the UFC doctors that stopped Montanos weight cut not her?

I thought it was the UFC doctors that stopped Montanos weight cut not her?
Apparently Nicco showed up completely out of shape and deliberately looking to not be able to make weight.

You don't make the fucking fight then back out of it.

Fuck sake.

She did the right thing, had no business in the cage with Shevchenko. The UFC is the opposite to boxing in terms of throwing their fighters to the wolves. As usual the ideal falls somewhere btw the two.

Pulling out last minute is not good, cause you already did a lot of damage to yourself with the weight cut - but now it is all for nothing.

Especially, when you are a fighter, like Nicco Montano, who is relatively unknown. Landing another title fight in the UFC would be hard for her

Best thing to do is pretend you have tonsillitis and need a tonsilectomy. Show up for fight week though and do your cut then the last day pretend to be hospitalised with the above problems.
That way you still get another chance from the UFC brass and its damage control with regards to fans, some wont believe but others will so you wont be a unanimous duck

A good run is alot better than a bad fight-Coward

Apparently Nicco showed up completely out of shape and deliberately looking to not be able to make weight.

...and yet, dern pretended to not know english and still fought like 10 pounds overweight.

Back