Is it true that GSP wanted to fight Maia LOL???

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep seeing people say this, but haven't seen a source. Is this actually true?

If so, that's a pretty embarrassing look for GSP.

Chomping at the bit to fight one eyed geriatric Bisping and Geriatric Maia, but "colitis bro" when asked about fighting Whittaker, Romero, or T-Wood?

While Silva is fighting killers at 43 yrs old. Unbelievable......

Last edited:
Maia is better than Cannonier or whatever he is called. He's better than Israel until proven otherwise too. Anderson fought Maia...

Anderson wants to fight strikers and GSP wants to fight grapplers. What do you expect?

Its unbelievable how many here uses lol all the time. How old are you?

GSP picked Maia to beat Woodley before their fight. No doubt GSP would have fought Maia had he beaten Tyron.

GSP only wants easy fights, not challenges.

GSP kept saying he thought Maia was going to beat Woodley before UFC 214.

I imagine that he was him hoping that Maia would win... he definitely would’ve picked to fight Maia over Bisping. And woodley would‘ve been out of the picture for him, thankfully.

Last edited:
I keep seeing people say this, but haven't seen a source. Is this actually true?

If so, just fucking CRINGE at GSP.

Chomping at the bit to fight one eyed geriatric Bisping and Geriatric Maia, but "colitis bro" when asked about fighting Whittaker, Romero, or T-Wood?

While Silva is fighting killers at 43 yrs old...….Unbelievable......

Choose any of the 1000 other "Silva is still fighting while GSP is retired " threads and read the replies.

We don't need another bum thread about it.

GSP picked Maia to beat Woodley before their fight. No doubt GSP would have fought Maia had he beaten Tyron.

GSP only wants easy fights, not challenges.
If Maia won Vs T-Wood,
Nobody would have consider this an easy fight.

Yes.
He said to Ariel on an old mma hour episode (in studio) that he would return to welterweight and would fight maia.
As he said maia would beat Woodley.

GSP and Aldo are so similar in a lot of ways
  • Each reigned over one of the deeper divisions in the sport
  • Each has 9 defenses
  • Each started out as an aggressive fighter and became more conservative as their reigns continued
But now?

Aldo is fighting all of the top contenders in his division

And Georges ... 41 year old Maia off a 1-3 skid without a win over a top 5 guy for 2 1/2 years?

So Adesanya and Cannonier are "killers" but Maia is a joke? GSP Derangement Syndrome. You guys are worse than Trump Haters.

So Adesanya and Cannonier are "killers" but Maia is a joke? GSP Derangement Syndrome. You guys are worse than Trump Haters.

Adesenya is undefeated in MMA. You're going to sit here and pretend that 40 yr Maia is as lethal a threat? Get your head out of your ass.

GSP and Aldo are so similar in a lot of ways
  • Each reigned over one of the deeper divisions in the sport
  • Each has 9 defenses
  • Each started out as an aggressive fighter and became more conservative as their reigns continued
But now?

Aldo is fighting all of the top contenders in his division

And Georges ... 41 year old Maia off a 1-3 skid without a win over a top 5 guy for 2 1/2 years?
Aldo > GSP

Adesenya is undefeated in MMA. You're going to sit here and pretend that 40 yr Maia is as lethal a threat? Get your head out of your ass.
Adesanya doesn't have a single Top 5 win. Get your head out of your ass.

Call me back when Israel get to 20UFC wins
And gets 2 title shot.

As of now, Maia > Adesanya
Could change.

Just because other fighters aren't as good at weighing risk and reward doesn't make GSP any less credible as a fighter fro doing so. He's one of the goats. He has won belts in multiple divisions. He's made millions of dollars. He hasn't pissed away those millions. And he doesn't have CTE. Butthurt fans who are neither as smart or successful as GSP can throw out all the criticism they want. Facts are facts though. Stay broke, TS.

and Silva has 1 win in his last 7 fights.. Great job Spider keep fighting those killers

Back