is it true that fighting inside is more about aggresiveness, speed, power and toughness

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by rizky, Aug 15, 2016.

1. rizky

rizky White Belt

I just feel that way. Maybe we can share experience

2. StopDucking

StopDucking Ronda Rousey hater

If your opponent is faster, tougher and has more power than you, you're going to have a hard time whether it's on the inside or outside.

3. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

Yes. Technique helps your chances, but at the end of the day, its a fight. Someone who can't handle raw aggression, and is too shy on pulling the trigger will run into problems.

That being said, I feel alot people overestimate and hype "toughness".

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  4. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

I don't feel that way. If anything it is midrange where that's true.

Also speed matters less on the inside same with reflexes as you can't rely on reacting to pucnhes anyway and have to anticipate. There's a reason that Hopkin's with his dirty inside fighting has the longevity he has and has become even dirtier as he got older.

On the outside your feet get slower as you age, your reflexes matter more and your speed determines a big part of your offence. On the inside physical strength is more important but it is less reliant on physical attributes that fade as you age.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    biscuitsbrah likes this.
  5. rizky

rizky White Belt

The range that i mean is punching range but the close one. When a boxer trading punches

6. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

From a pure boxing standpoint most speak of 3 ranges. At least where I train and most people her eon this forum

The outside where you need to take a small step to land and where maybe your jab lands on it's own at its very end (Mayweather often, Klitschko, Ali), midrange where your rear straight and your hooks land without taking a step and theoretically obviously long uppercuts (Tyson, Foreman often, Julian Jackson, Golovkin, canelo and most big punchers) and the inside where even short uppercuts land and where there is most of the time physical contact with your opponent whether there's headfighting going on, holding and hitting sometimes, pushing with the shoulder and clinching/wrestling

7. rizky

rizky White Belt

So what i mean is midrange

8. pookiyama

pookiyama Purple Belt

"is it true that fighting inside is more about aggresiveness, speed, power and toughness"

No, its more about aggressiveness, speed, power, toughness, chin, combination speed, balance, heart, stance, rhythm, guts, timing, quickness, lateral movement, snap, The Jab, defensive anticipation, feinting, and the axe kick.

9. mcdowels

mcdowels Brown Belt

when i see a trained boxer or bjj person against an average person - and implement their skills properly - its destruction

10. whooty

whooty Green Belt

Esspecially Axe kicks

j123 likes this.
  11. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

y'all be laughing til you eat one to the dome
    [​IMG]

THRP45 likes this.