Is it true that Cain pushed for the match against Fedor?

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
Around a week ago, a Reddit popped up saying that Cain would have given up his rematch with Werdum to fight Fedor.

I know its Reddit, so I want to know how truthful this is.

Cain gets a lot of hate around here and I think him wanting to fight Fedor is very redeeming.

Also if this is true, why didnt Fedor accept? Is there something about Cain Fedor didnt like? lol. I mean, this would have worked out for everyone. Cain fights Fedor and winner gets AA Werdum winner. I would feel bad for Mir though.

Here is the Sherdog thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...winner-mir-arlovski-welcomes-him-ufc-3055441/

thanks to indrid

Cain wants an easy fight. Didn't expected that from him.

Guess we'll find out once he's signed.

The great ones always get hate no matter what.

Jon Jones was hated way before he became the walking joke that he has become.

Cain Velasquez: Everybody shits on him for his tattoo, his obliteration of JDS, and his inability to stay healthy.

GSP: He never finishes anybody. I made him a sammich, and he only ate half of it.

Fedor: He fought in PRIDE. He never did it in teh UFC's

Anderson: He fought in an era where the division was really weak and had no top competition for him.

Chuck: The Grappler Hunter

Ronda: Weak division. Fight Cyborg. I don't like your face.

It's always something. No matter how great a fighter is, people will find a perceived weakness and hone in on it.

But Cain is definitely one of the harshest received champions I've seen on here.

Guess we'll find out once he's signed.

Its too late though. I think Cain was pushing for it before he signed with Werdum.

It would be great if AA fought Werdum and Cain fought Fedor, I think there is still time.

I believe Cain only want belt back. Fedor can come later.

I don't know about that, but I know that Werdum also said that he would take a Fedor rematch immediately.

Maybe they have something planned for him? It's probably more likely that the UFC just decided that they wanted to proceed as if they won't sign Fedor until the ink from his signing is dry. Based on some of the stories of their last bout of negotiations with him and his management, I would say that is the most likely scenario.

Its too late though. I think Cain was pushing for it before he signed with Werdum.

It would be great if AA fought Werdum and Cain fought Fedor, I think there is still time.

Then what happens if AA KO's Werdum and Fedor smashes Cain, way above sea level..........Fedor fights AA and uses the knee magnet again......making poor AA fly across with his knee (against his will) and Fedor smashes his face!!

You my friend are a Fedor nuthugger......:rolleyes:

Idk it's reddit lol. I do know Cain is a guy fedor admires and vice versa. Lots of respect between those two beasts

Cain Velasquez: Everybody shits on him for his tattoo, his obliteration of JDS, and his inability to stay healthy.

GSP: He never finishes anybody. I made him a sammich, and he only ate half of it.

Anderson: He fought in an era where the division was really weak and had no top competition for him.

It's always something. No matter how great a fighter is, people will find a perceived weakness and hone in on it.

But Cain is definitely one of the harshest received champions I've seen on here.

I like this post

Cain is the least hated champ out of that list.
Probably because he hasn't held the title that long. Usually the longer the reign the more haters he has.
A measure of success in general can be noticed by the number of haters one has.
The least hated one gets the least money, it's because nobody cares about him. The least hated champ right now is Mighty Mouse, lowest paid champ.

PS: see? even you didn't even mention MM in that list despite being a dominant champ, you just forgot he existed :)

Might as a well keep going

Pettis: lost to guida
Aldo: keeps pulling out of fights getting injured
Tj : is just a copy of cruz
MM: boring fighter should have lost to torres

Back